FLIR Pro PTS233 Finally

nonnieselman

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Finally got mine in yesterday and went to tinker with it to figure out the controls and see what happens.

Especially the video and pictures onboard.

75 yards
LKr2ur7.jpg

wjKqJoj.jpg

Yz0vEaP.jpg

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
So to your mkI eyeball what did the deer at 500yds actually look like?

Were they "alerted" to you? Were they "heads down and grazing" ... could you see anything other than "blobs" that you happened to know were deer?

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So no ID just blobs?

nonnieselman

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yea pretty much blobs. Watched them for a little while and determined by the way the move that they were deer. They were grazing along and every few min they would bring their head up and look around.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So how close do they need to be to be able to ID and target?

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
So you could see the heads go up in the thermal I’m assuming since you’re reporting that?

I love the brass finder idea, that’s funny.

So what do you think of the image quality? Good enough for the price or is it better than you were expecting for the price?

Thanks.

nonnieselman

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
So how close do they need to be to be able to ID and target?
Ill have to get on some more deer and see how it does but id feel comfortable at 200 yards to see if it was a buck or doe. Coyote at ~600 yards last night we could tell what it was by how it was moving around.

nonnieselman

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
So you could see the heads go up in the thermal I’m assuming since you’re reporting that?

I love the brass finder idea, that’s funny.

So what do you think of the image quality? Good enough for the price or is it better than you were expecting for the price?

Thanks.

:D
Yea out to 600ish yards you can tell how long the necks are on a deer to determine Hog/Deer/Coyote. The resolution on the screen is amazing but you can tell thats not whats holding it back. And the 30hz wasnt near as bad as i was expecting.

For the price i like it, very big difference from my RS32 35mm thats for sure. I really like the on board image and video the best tho.

I bring my rifle into work every morning now to pull everything off the scope while im waitin on emails.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
the blob I am seeing in your pics seems to be difficult to shoot with any precision, maybe 100 yds other than guessing for a neck shot?