First world problem, new checklist item…

DeadPigs

LSB Member
I hunt in central Texas where summers are really humid. Yesterday it rained on and off for a few hours before sunset. Before my hunt last night I put my thermal on the charger like I always do. It’s in my barn office which is nice and cool.
Too cool…
When I got up into the stand I realized the whole gun was sweating like an Icee. Both ends of the optic were completely fogged over. I almost called it because it was so humid. I decided to wait it out, after about 30 minutes it dried out and became usable.
Another check list item for the guys in the swamps. Put the gun outside for an hour or so before you head out.

chthump

LSB Member
Yes, might want to charge it outside of the AC environment, i thermal hunt and also have a job where we charge equipment used daily outside, you can get fogging on the inside of the optics that want go away after 30 minutes, we had optics that stayed fogged up due to the back and forth of AC charging and outside field work, but this happened over a period of 6 months with 5 day a week regular use during the summer and the fog/haze became permanent, just a thought, may not be a problem with a couple times a week for a few hours, but regular use , your trapping moisture, at lease in our case