First miss with new scope

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Has anyone compared the 233 to the apex QD50? Are the two close enough to save $900 or is there such a difference that $900 more would be money well spent?
Qd50 will beat it with focus and lens but has no recording capabilities.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wildflower when sighting in thermal it' best to zoom in all the way, that is where you get the fine adjustments for zero.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Because there is no focus on the unit. That is how they kept it at the lower price point.
I agree. It does “feel” like it could be focused a better at distance. But I think some of what you feel is out of focus may be a limitation of the lack of resolution making it look blurred.

I honestly wouldn’t expect to be able to make a significant improvement if you could focus he lens. That’s based on my experience using a focusing tool for my 640 FLIR Vue 19mm camera. It really does not let you get sharper detail at distance beyond a certain point of clarity.

The 19mm lenses may just too small to get much greater detail at significantly longer ranges than what is seen here.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wildflower when sighting in thermal it' best to zoom in all the way, that is where you get the fine adjustments for zero.

Thanks. I’ve been using 2x and I guess that explains why I felt like I was having difficulty.

This is my normal procedure just because I’ve always got something like this handy in my toolbox.

I heat up a nut hanging from a wire and with this scope on 2x, the 4MOA dot is fully encapsulated by the black glow of the heated nut.

This way I can easily center the dot in the black glow on the target.

Attachments

• F4DB21C8-FB9A-4B67-8F73-B092BE272520.jpeg
    F4DB21C8-FB9A-4B67-8F73-B092BE272520.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 4