First Kill 224 Valkyrie

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Finally got out with the new gun. 20" PSA upper in 224 Valkyrie and a Spikes Snowflake Lower (just because) put a Vortex 4x12x44. Got an off hand shot on this guy at about 100 yds in the head, mostly head on towards me, he dumped and never moved. Scope worked good right at last light of the night. Shooting 90 gr Fusions.

Attachments

• IMG_20181006_193549683.jpg
    IMG_20181006_193549683.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20181006_193555283.jpg
    IMG_20181006_193555283.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 28

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice kill there Dan'l. I'm lookin' forward to putin' the Vortex glass to the test, later this month!! Nice to hear the good report on it in low light.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yea Brian, I assumed people are using these for critters but i couldn't find any results posted anywhere. This one was a head shot so doesn't really count, need some shoulder shots etc... just to see how it performs. RD, the Vortex glass was pretty impressive at low light.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting! I’ve been wondering how the Valkyrie would work. Thanks for the report.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice going Dan. I saw where one guy on 6.8 forum killed an Antelope with a Valkyrie but yours is the first pig I’ve seen.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog down ... 1 shot KO!!

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad you have a new toy – you certainly deserve it.

But keep that old bolt handy…

You know the day is coming when that fancy semi is going to go wonky and you’ll be still able to rely on the old slide rule and timing light.