First hunt with Trijicon Reap-IR

waverider

LSB Member
I finally broke down and ordered a Reap-IR and the initial results are very impressive. There isn't much to say about that unit that hasn't already been covered in the reviews, but it lives up to the hype. It is super light, razor sharp image detail and super sensitive.

I mounted the optic on a LWRC REPR

72fr95.jpg

RUMQbB.jpg

pGlv2I.jpg

I ended up dropping this small boar before calling it quits do to a stout storm blowing through.

SXYpQb.jpg

The clouds were amazing right before dark too.

0s6lLc.jpg

No video from this hunt, I still need to order the correct cord.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very clean looking setup with the Reap on your REPR.
Didn't know LWRC was building side charge uppers... Congrats on the hog down.
Appears your muzzle device is set to receive a suppressor. What can are you planning on using?

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the new scope and kill!

waverider

LSB Member
Very clean looking setup with the Reap on your REPR.
Didn't know LWRC was building side charge uppers... Congrats on the hog down.
Appears your muzzle device is set to receive a suppressor. What can are you planning on using?

The current brake is compatible with an AAC 762-SDN, but I don't have a stamp for that suppressor. It will come off when I finally get my stamp for the Dead Air Sandman S that I purchased. I hate waiting...

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very nice rig. Nice boar down too.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's an awesome setup. I've always wanted a side charger, just becuz. Wonder if it will help mitigate gas blowback when you get your can?

Oh yeah, congrats on the pig, and very cool pic of the storm - big reason I enjoy being out at night with nv & thermal (usually alone) is seeing trippy stuff like storms blowing in and meteors.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very sweet rig ya have setup there. Happy days ahead! or should I say Nights!

waverider

LSB Member
That's an awesome setup. I've always wanted a side charger, just becuz. Wonder if it will help mitigate gas blowback when you get your can?

Thanks! It is a really fun gun that is built for professional gunfighters, I don't do it justice in the field. Not sure about the blowback.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Oh yeah, congrats on the pig, and very cool pic of the storm - big reason I enjoy being out at night with nv & thermal (usually alone) is seeing trippy stuff like storms blowing in and meteors.
Side charge does nothing for blowback it's non reciprocating, but the piston and gas block helps.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hog down and nice rifle setup!! Happy hunting!