First Hog With New Grendel Build & Armasight Zeus 2 1.5-12x42mm, 640

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

This new Grendel partially came from parts I won, including a 22" fluted Liberty barrel. Interestingly, the Hornady SST ammo gets more velocity from this barrel at 22" than the factory says should be expected from a 24" test barrel, which is fine by me. 22" makes for a long gun and this will likely be the first rifle to get a suppressor, so it will be very long.

I didn't try for the coyote at 185 yards as I have not shot the rifle that far yet and I really wanted to make sure everything is spot on before going long. A little refining of my zero may be in order. ;)

This little boar came in by his lonesome. I thought maybe he might have a buddy with him, but no luck there. He was kind enough to stop and stand broadside to me for a security check, so I went ahead and shot him.

He is off to the processor and will be a gift to the mom of one of my buddies.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shot and video but but but..... the ping :( where is the ping man? Ha sounds like it'll be a great rifle for ya. A little extra velocity never hurts, just kills.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good video! I wonder how much that zesus scope runs?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looked like about a CS4 or 5 or 6 adjustment!!:) Nice going! BANG BANG!!

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting

D

djones

i would like to see more of angry bird. perhaps he could take up a position at the feeder

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I really have my hopes up that the suppressor will get out of jail this month.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting close too, probably June-July. I purchased an Omega January 4th. This wait is killing me!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good luck on getting your suppressor out of jail. Missed the ping! Great shooting. I just might of had to shoot a round out at yote just cause.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice shot Brian. Another good video too.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shot on him Brian! Is it just me, or do these round seem to do "more gooder" with a little bit of distance? Are you getting more "runners" after being shot when closer? He was definitely NOT getting up after that poke.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice bang / flop on the hog. Excellent shot placement Brian.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Brian have you called the ATF to check the status of your form 4? I purchased a can on or about Nov 20 and last week the ATF said the form was put in process on Jan 25. They are colossally fubar.