First Hog with 300 blackout Barnes 110 gr TAC TX

Bama

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Started out stalking this sow hog but wheat was too high so I got into shooting house. First time shooting my new 300 black out shooting Barnes 110 grain TAC TX. I thought I hit a DRT but she took the bullet in shoulder and ran and I hit her 2 more time before she slid to a stop. Fun hunt. Enjoy!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hefty looking sow!! Got any pics?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
She's a fatty! Good job on the follow up shots.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
A clear hit. I watched the initial hit several times and saw the shoulder drop.
Over our way we have killed a bunch of hogs using the Barnes 110gr black tip load,out of a SBR and my RARR chambered in 300BLK. That is a great bullet.
We have also been wanting to shoot a hog with the 130gr "pulls" that we got in quanity at a great price. They came from the Remington 300BLK Hog Hammer factory ammo.
Good shooting. Hogs are fairly tough,tenacious,and it just takes them a while to drop if not a CNS shot. We have got DRT hits with the 110gr black tips. Terminal ballistics are really varied in different animals and under different conditions. ---- pruhdlr

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dandy of a porker and a bit of a Curly Shuffle too!!! Nice!! BANG BANG!!!!!!

Bama

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
A clear hit. I watched the initial hit several times and saw the shoulder drop.
Over our way we have killed a bunch of hogs using the Barnes 110gr black tip load,out of a SBR and my RARR chambered in 300BLK. That is a great bullet.
We have also been wanting to shoot a hog with the 130gr "pulls" that we got in quanity at a great price. They came from the Remington 300BLK Hog Hammer factory ammo.
Good shooting. Hogs are fairly tough,tenacious,and it just takes them a while to drop if not a CNS shot. We have got DRT hits with the 110gr black tips. Terminal ballistics are really varied in different animals and under different conditions. ---- pruhdlr

Yes, it was a shoulder shot and did hit her with that first round. I rolled her over and it was a little front of mid shoulder. I do like the neck shot that disrupts the CNS where they do a bit of a dirt dance! Just put a 3.5# drop in trigger. I really like it but have only shot about 5 rounds zero in. I've got the Barnes TAC TX dialed in at 50 yds and that shot was right at 50 yds. Using a Pulsar Trail XP 50. Had it a couple months and really happy with it. This is my first thermal.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very likely preggo, way to take 'em out!

Keep After 'Em!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
First off congrats on the hog! Well done
Second, congrats on the thermal!

Yes, it was a shoulder shot and did hit her with that first round. I rolled her over and it was a little front of mid shoulder. I do like the neck shot that disrupts the CNS where they do a bit of a dirt dance! Just put a 3.5# drop in trigger. I really like it but have only shot about 5 rounds zero in. I've got the Barnes TAC TX dialed in at 50 yds and that shot was right at 50 yds. Using a Pulsar Trail XP 50. Had it a couple months and really happy with it. This is my first thermal.

3rd- which mount do u have on that optic? The original pulsar mount? The new pulsar mount? Or the D-loc mount from UNV?

Bama

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
First off congrats on the hog! Well done
Second, congrats on the thermal!

3rd- which mount do u have on that optic? The original pulsar mount? The new pulsar mount? Or the D-loc mount from UNV?

This gun D-Loc mount from UNV. This was my first time out with the 300BO and have not tested if it will hold zero if I take off and remount. I have researched and several sources (Youtube, Forums) say it will.
I just received a second thermal for my AR-10 and also ordered and received "The new Pulsar mount". My son and I plan to test all this out over Thanksgiving Holiday.
Any feed back from anyone on "The new Pulsar Mount"? Holding Zero?

Bama

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I’ll bet you got more than one hog out of that shot. In fact it looks like you may have gotten six more?

Wildflower, I bet you are right! She was mighty full looking, about ready to pop. We going to do an autopsy but ran out of time.