First hog of the season yesterday. Dam it took long enough!

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
Got my first hog of the season yesterday afternoon with another club member that just bought a new FoxPro ShockWave. We had been setting in the stand about 30min when 11 hogs came in from our right about 30-35 yards, caught me off guard for sure. We had a agreement to fire at the count of "3".
Well, my buddy's gun misfired and he didnt get a shot. He was sitting a little behind me on my left so I couldnt see what he was doing.
He counted it down,,,1,,,2,,,3,,BOOM. My 45-70 hit the one on the right, right in top of the head. I levered another round in the chamber and waited on him to shoot while watching them run off. I had another "Butt" shot but was waiting on him to shoot. He never did. Man was he pissed!

Any way, here is a couple shots for you. Thanks Glenn Guess for the videos about hog calling with the FoxPro. It works!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Congrats, probably didn't move after a 45-70 hit!

What hog sounds were you using on the Foxpro? I've got a a Foxpro Shockwave but haven't tried it on hogs yet.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
that hog was going no where with that shot placement. Love that 45-70/

What call sequence were you using with the Fox Pro.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice work. Looks like you gave him Excedrine headache no. 45/70.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sow protection is one Glenn suggested to me...good going there Capt, you anchored that hog!

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
We used the "Feeding Frenzy 1 and 2"
The guy who bought the call kept running the sound wide open when we first got there. Then he gave me the remote and I turned it down to where it sounded like real hogs eating.......Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha.

We did move to another spot and tried the "Sow protection", but nothing.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shot placement !!! Looks like a fine sow there. Congrats. Where did it exit?

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
,,,,where did it exit?"

Thats the bad thing,,,It didnt.
My stand was a elevated road that runs around a pond, so I was about 20 feet in the air and the shot was about 30 yards away. His body was facing me, and he was looking right at me. Im thinking the bullet is in his gut some where? I dont know.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
,,,,where did it exit?"

Thats the bad thing,,,It didnt.
My stand was a elevated road that runs around a pond, so I was about 20 feet in the air and the shot was about 30 yards away. His body was facing me, and he was looking right at me. Im thinking the bullet is in his gut some where? I dont know.
LOL... ready made Spam. Ack.