First Hog ever.

TomH FW

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Tried for months. Finally tagged one. DPMS Recon .308 with ATN Xsight 5-18. Hog hammer 168 gr. Hog measured out at 57 inch girth. Calculates out to 350+ lbs.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
what was the distance of your shot? Very good!

TomH FW

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Shot was approx 75 yards. I must confess, I just assumed that it was a "lead sow" based on how it was acting, and how the piglets followed it. Never really looked at its "stuff". I will check when I go bak out this weekend.

Flir-D-Lee

Join the pig Jihad
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have you had any trouble with the X-sight ? I have read a lot of info on this scope and some are reporting
the picture flickers and the X-hairs move to the edge of the screen when zoomed in. I noticed your video
looked pretty dang good from my stand point. I am asking because I have a friend interested in one these.
ATN says they have firmware updates available that correct these issues. Good job on that pig too !!!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I could see me putting one of those scopes on my 300 blackout or 22 for short range varmint control.

TomH FW

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
"Flicker" only occurs on low light amplification setting. I do not have the zoom or reticle issue, because I shimmed my scope to true zero. It is the only NV I have ever had, and I like it. I have disabled the peripheral stuff like wifi, gps, etc.....

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Great video Tom.

Flir-D-Lee, I have the 3x, latest firmware 153, flicker is there in low light magnification, but I never use it, Tom is using medium, I can tell by the video. Crosshair issues are now fixed, there are a bunch of other changes that make the scope worth the cost.

Tom, did you forget to turn on the mic under the menu? Look and you will see where to turn it on.

That's a huge sow, great hog for your first one. Some dead hog pics would be nice next time lol.

TomH FW

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great video Tom.

Flir-D-Lee, I have the 3x, latest firmware 153, flicker is there in low light magnification, but I never use it, Tom is using medium, I can tell by the video. Crosshair issues are now fixed, there are a bunch of other changes that make the scope worth the cost.

Tom, did you forget to turn on the mic under the menu? Look and you will see where to turn it on.

That's a huge sow, great hog for your first one. Some dead hog pics would be nice next time lol.

Thought I had the mic turned on, but like others, not getting any sound. I will check it again tonite.
Here is a pic.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now that's a nice hog! congrats!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shot and nice hog ... looks like he had been eating well.