first can. help

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
planning on making my first supressor purchase sometime soon. not sure which one to get.

It will primarily be on a 16 inch 6.8 ar. would like to also be able to shoot it on a 7.62x39, .308 and maybe a little bit on a 5.56, so I would prefer a QD mount. i dont wanna waste money, but if someone can justify spending more im down. as far as length, weight, and suppression id like a good compromise of them all. the most rapid fire shooting i will be doing with it will be from time to time at multiple running pigs.

Ive been looking at the YHM ultra light tactical, and the silencerco Omega.

any input would be appreciated.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My only experience with a QD mount is an AAC 762SDN. I would not recommend this particular suppressor due to the mount. The ratchet end of the suppressor fits loose on the mount. I had to adjust all three of my mounts to tighten up the fit which did improve accuracy, but overall the mount design can affect accuracy. It's too bad too as this is an otherwise well built supressor.

All my supressors will be direct thread from now on.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I only do direct thread. You can get a thread converter for the 556 so you can do a direct thread. That's what I'm doing too.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The QD mount on my brother in laws spec war works really well so far.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a Silencerco Saker 7.62 w/QD mount. The can has never come loose or got stuck.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The omega is next on my list of stamps to collect, just cannot stop building sbr's.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yes. Every rifle needs its own can. Haha.

I think I am going to try the seven inch thunder beast for my next purchase.

I believe to answer the original question the saker would be a good choice assuming you can get the 556 endcap for it. Supposedly the 30 caliber saker meters very well when using the 556 endcap.

I have an omega and like it is it fine. It seems a little louder to me than my harvester. I've not tried the AAC side by side l for a comparison though.

Last edited:

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here are my choices, especially for rapid firing:
- Saker 7.62: It's what I have and it has a 5.56 end cap
- Recce 7: Been thinking about buying this one for another build
- Specwar 7.62: Older can but well built and one of the quieter 30 cal cans out there. It was recently on sale for 600, may go on sale again.
- SAS 7.62 SS: Similar price to the specwar, milehigh were getting rid of them for $580 w/ TOMB mount
- Sig 7.62 SS: Pretty good price but not out yet

Of course if you had the cash:
- Knights armament
- Surfire

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just why I have not gotten one yet, I will only do short and light with direct thread on, they are pricey

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am running a Saker 762 on my *** 270AR, 20" barrel.
QD via Trifecta MAAD module. Locks up solid and no issues with removal from the trifecta flash hider.
For me, this setup is perfect. No need for earpro with the Saker on my 270AR.
And as others stated, you can switch out the endcap from 30 to 22 cal if desired.
-
Silencer Shop handled all my paper work. These folks made everything easy from sale to delivery.

Dennis

Last edited:

JPK

LSB Active Member
planning on making my first supressor purchase sometime soon. not sure which one to get.

It will primarily be on a 16 inch 6.8 ar. would like to also be able to shoot it on a 7.62x39, .308 and maybe a little bit on a 5.56, so I would prefer a QD mount. i dont wanna waste money, but if someone can justify spending more im down. as far as length, weight, and suppression id like a good compromise of them all. the most rapid fire shooting i will be doing with it will be from time to time at multiple running pigs.

Ive been looking at the YHM ultra light tactical, and the silencerco Omega.

any input would be appreciated.

I will have both of the two you are considering coming, awaiting paperwork now.

Two 30cal Omegas for use between a 10.5" 5.56, a 16" 5.56 and a 16" 6.8. Flash hider QD mounts. Expecting my approval before Thanksgiving based on the Silencer Shops wait history page.

FWIW, the Silencer Shop guy I talked to talked me out of ordering a 5.56 end cap, telling me that it would only be a matter of time before I forgot to change out the end cap and blew one apart on my 16" 6.8. In addition, while there is a 3-4 decibel noise reduction shooting 5.56 with the 5.56 end cap in place, the difference isn't all that great, especially given the risk of a FU.

I have a 30cal YHM Ultra Light Tactical on order too. I ordered this one after I discovered that Silencer Co won't warranty the Omega for use on a 6.8 barrel less than 16" in length. This one will live "permanently" on my 11.5" 6.8. Flash hider mount for this one too. Expecting approval right around the New Year on this one.

If you wait until I have both I will post a report on their relative performance.

JPK

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Murphy and I agree with the endcap choice!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
For rifles I have 2 YHM 30cals both SS and Ti use on all my rifle from 308 6.8, and 5.56 saved a lots stamps and expense. All,are OD work excellent