First blood with Zeus 640 then batts die.....

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Made my first suppressed and thermal hog kill early this morning. Started patrolling around and picked up the rifle to scan an area. Turned on the unit and it showed a distorted image and shut down. Turned off and on a few times, the boot up logo would show then unit would shut down. Got home, put in fresh batteries and it seems to be gtg. However, this Zeus hasn't been on for any more than an hour. Seems odd.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Made my first suppressed and thermal hog kill early this morning. Started patrolling around and picked up the rifle to scan an area. Turned on the unit and it showed a distorted image and shut down. Turned off and on a few times, the boot up logo would show then unit would shut down. Got home, put in fresh batteries and it seems to be gtg. However, this Zeus hasn't been on for any more than an hour. Seems odd.

Also battery indicator light never came on.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yes. Going out again tonight hopefully it doesn't S the bed on me.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What kind of batteries were you using? Also did you do a manual nuc? Is this a 30hz or 60hz?

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
30 hz? Yeah, same one you have. Batts were from armasight. I didn't do a manual nuc. Scope wouldn't stay on long enough to do it. Now that it's working should I do one? Will it erase my bore sight?

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd try the scope again with the new batteries. I change out batteries when I get something new, no telling how long the batteries sat around. If it was that dead the indicator might not have shown up before the unit died.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Same batteries since I got the sight, factory batteries. Worked fine for about an hour, then, kaput. Just checked the scope again, still working. Will evaluate tonight/this morning.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've been using streamlight batteries but want to switch to the energizer's Brian and a few others here say they have more power, my batteries generally last a few hunts but I'm only using the scope to shoot not scan so only a few minutes at a time. I found the manual nuc makes it look better even shortly after turning it on, do it by pressing the up and down arrows at the same time. It will not reset any settings or zero just makes everything look better.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I use the Titanium brand 123's. Thermal scopes suck up batteries, just like any electronic device, use good batteries. But my experience is you'll get less than 3 hours out of a set of batteries, probably closer to 2.