Finally

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Finally got my paperwork signed off on and sent in for the new model YHM Ti thread on can. It's supposed to be lighter shorter and sound better that the old ones. Guess I can confirm in 9-12 months sigh.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you did not file electronically? they are coming back in 3 mos.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The wait begins. I'm enduring the wait too.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you did not file electronically? they are coming back in 3 mos.

From what I understand only the first trial e-forms were processed in three months. Besides that I don't have a trust.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gotcha, 11-12 mos then I guess with all the budget cuts.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have heard the same thing TLM. The 3 months turn around e-forms were because of a trial run on the system. If you got selected you won the e-forms Lotto!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Why not individual form 4's also?

I prefer to have the sheriff sign off on the back in case I ever get hasseled by law enforcement who doesn't know or understand the law.

Thanks

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm in the process of getting a trust done so I can work on getting a can for my 338 spectre. That thing will be so much more fun once I suppress it

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
wildflower, because not all LEO's will sign it...

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
wildflower, because not all LEO's will sign it...
Hell I'm a officer and my own boss won't sign it because of her liberal views. I have a federal judge sign mine.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now that sucks your boss would not sign!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now that sucks your boss would not sign!
I find it a violation of my rights. The signature just says I'm not a known threat. The response I got back was they can not allow private citizens to own suppressors only the department. Wow!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
WOW, you are a sworn officer, they trust you on duty but not off? I thought an officer was always on duty?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm active military with a secret clearance. My background check goes back 7 years and covers every single address including deployments over 90 days, schools attended, employment history, and people who knew me at each location, school, and job. However, it all means nothing to the ATF and their measly nics check. BS!!!

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hell I'm a officer and my own boss won't sign it because of her liberal views. I have a federal judge sign mine.
Would it be possible to learn who this judge is for possible future signoffs? Especially with the rule changes coming down the pipe those that will sign will be in high demand.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I don't think I asked the right question before I stated why I prefer the sign off.

I was curious to know why only trusts could not be transmitted electronically?

Why does ATF not let individual form 4's be transmitted electronically too?

Thanks.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I don't think I asked the right question before I stated why I prefer the sign off.

I was curious to know why only trusts could not be transmitted electronically?

Why does ATF not let individual form 4's be transmitted electronically too?

Thanks.
The system is not set up for the photos and fingerprints. Also, when the eforms were set up they were catering to 90% of applicants who use trusts. Kinda ironic now with the impending rule change.

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm active military with a secret clearance. My background check goes back 7 years and covers every single address including deployments over 90 days, schools attended, employment history, and people who knew me at each location, school, and job. However, it all means nothing to the ATF and their measly nics check. BS!!!

I feel your pain. I retired as a SMSgt after 26 years in the Air Force. I currently work on a military base and still maintain my clearance. Here I sit on the sidelines while someone in some office decides if I'm too much of a risk to own a couple of SBRs or suppressors.

Smitty

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
As an active duty LEO with 32 years in the same department I would figure I could get letters signed. NOT! Now to figure out what to do. Thanks Barry!