Finally got some hog roll barrels!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I finally scored some hog roll barrels and they already came scented grape and orange! :)

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What's the deal TLM aren't you killing them fast enough? Lol

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice score then. We will be waiting for reports on the effectiveness.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My problem is I dont always go to the same places to hunt some times its weeks to a month before I get back. My pig pipes do not last that long and are empty by the time I get back. I'm going to use FrankT's hog barrels with just two small holes and see how long they will last.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep those are the 15 gallon I use, they are better than the big ones I think. Need help on the hardware let me know and 2 9/16 holes opposite sides and pick high and dry spots to put them.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sure must be nice to be able to do some baiting. Sure does increase one's odds of getting game.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sure must be nice to be able to do some baiting. Sure does increase one's odds of getting game.
Yea the helicopters help also! ;)

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So far the hogs do not like the barrels even the ones I put on very active trails have hog tracks going arround them but have not been moved. The pig pipes are empty. I wonder if the grape smell is keeping them away.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dog food helps just a couple cups in each one. May take a bit for them to know what to do, scatter a little corn under and next to them

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes I scattered the corn but no dog food. did put some crumbled up expired girl scout cookies in them. They should know I replaced pig pipes it's just a bigger version... Only been a week though.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If I have problems getting them to attack the barrel, almost never happens, I spread some peanut butter on the top...girl scouts cookies, I like it

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So far the hogs do not like the barrels even the ones I put on very active trails have hog tracks going arround them but have not been moved. The pig pipes are empty. I wonder if the grape smell is keeping them away.
Maybe the human scent needs to fade?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah sometimes scent will affect them, I am never careful about it though.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I rubbed the chocolate from the cookies in the barrels today.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
be careful not to gum up the inside of the barrels or the corn has a hard time coming out. If the corn gets wet, remove the bung hole caps till they clean it out for you.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yes I scattered the corn but no dog food. did put some crumbled up expired girl scout cookies in them. They should know I replaced pig pipes it's just a bigger version... Only been a week though.
Seriously?!?! Expired!! I'm a helicopter pilot. We are always hungry and there's no such thing as an expired cookie. We will eat anything. My motto is "I will fly for food."

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was thinking the same thing! I took out some stale cornbread muffing to the hogs the wife had made, of course i kept 4 out and ate them in the stand that evening, wished I had kept them all...LOL