Finally got one to come out during daylight

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That gun it staying the way it is!! I started assembling a little something today that will handle my clip-on 500 yard shots. I will start a new thread with it soon :D

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Has a 24" 1:8 5R Krieger
I've been a fan of the .243 for years, but my guns are standard production rifles with a slower twist. I tried the 105 bergers in my favorite, but it didn't like them at all. Had trouble keeping them on an 8" X ll" sheet of paper at 100yds.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've been a fan of the .243 for years, but my guns are standard production rifles with a slower twist. I tried the 105 bergers in my favorite, but it didn't like them at all. Had trouble keeping them on an 8" X ll" sheet of paper at 100yds.
The Berger VLD's are VERY picky about COAL. You can go to their website and it will give you the process for finding what your gun likes but they do say at least an 8 twist for the 105's. PM me if you need any help with them.

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
splendid success :)

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Dave, thanks for that link. I just assumed that my SAMMI production rifle didn't shoot well because of the twist rate. Since I have had very good luck with Speer 105 gr bullets in the past, I was hoping that the Bergers would work also. This gives me hope that at least one of my rifles will be able to shoot them well.