Finally...first pigs with new Wilson 6.8

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Guy calls, says he has a couple sows with a pile of piglets eating his deer corn.Wants me to trap them. I explain that the wet sows are very difficult to trap but if he will let me shoot the sows I can catch the little guys. Long story short, they came out but with my trap there they were super weary and kept running off, I was looking for a double with one shot knowing a follow up shot was going to be difficult. Ended up shooting one sow, no follow up shots. Drug her off and then got set up again and a big stinky boar came in and took him out. thumbnail_IMG_20170509_193843015.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20170509_201404964.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great outing Dan'l!! Lookin' forward to seeing more piglet rodeo vids.

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nicely done, Snake! now you have to charge DJ an extra grand for the training on that rifle!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well done! Did they run or DRT! looks like broken backs!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well done! Did they run or DRT! looks like broken backs!
Shot the sow in neck...DRT. The boar was quartering away and I was going to wait for a broadside shot but wanted to see if he would go down or not, I had room for follow up shots so it was just kind of for fun. It went in the ribcage, he spun and squealed and started to take off so I put 2 more in him to make sure. He didn't make it 10 feet.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nicely done, Snake! now you have to charge DJ an extra grand for the training on that rifle!
I think I like it. Better keep it now!

D

djones

atta boy snake. that's a cool snake charmer. how far were the shots?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
atta boy snake. that's a cool snake charmer. how far were the shots?
Uh......gimme shots. Sow about 80 yds standing and boar at about 45 yds. walking. Actually right before i jumped in the truck to leave I remembered I did not sight in gun yet so I threw a barrel out at 50 yds in my yard, stuck a sticker on it and did a quick 3 shot zero resting on the BBQ pit. Glad it was on target!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dan - Looks like you excelled all around here. New 6.8 Wilson, whacked two hogs, and access to a new property.
You must be livin' right. ;)

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Spinus interruptus.

Next stop – $500 pulsar night vision scope?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Spinus interruptus.

Next stop – $500 pulsar night vision scope?
Looks higher than it is I believe. Standing shot was high chest.
Don't care about n.v. or thermal right now. Maybe later but I am in bed by 10 and up by 4:30 or 5 and I like being refreshed and ready for the day. Went to a concert last Sunday for my Bday...home by 11:30...had to nap on Monday. lol

znztivguy

LSB Member
Wonderful....the boss at home will not allow me to go with any other caliber so 6.8 is dead to me. Am trying to go blackout since she probably won't be able to tell the difference but will that work on hogs that well? I use .308 and that does the job...sometimes overkill.... plus with thermal it almost seems like I'm cheating...

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
… I use .308 and that does the job...sometimes overkill.... plus with thermal it almost seems like I'm cheating...
And that's a problem because?
Personally, I like having everything possible stacked in my favor. :cool: