Finally back!

Rooster

Hello all,

I have just returned state side after being overseas for the last 15 years. My wife and I have moved to Houston. I am a retired Navy CPO and was deployed to the UK. I stayed on after working as an instructor teaching US, NATO and African partner allies. I was one of the few Americans living in the UK that had firearms and shotguns. It takes forever but I am expecting my guns from the UK in the next couple of months. In the UK I did mostly wing shooting and fox control. My passion is for big game in Africa (warthogs are great!). Once bitten by the big bore bug, there is no going back. Men's guns start at .375 H&H ;)

I am looking for some pig hunting in the greater Houston region. Any contacts greatly appreciated.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome Home and to the Forum!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome home... and to here.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the forum. I tend to agree with the big bore theory. I love my 375 h&h and my 458 win mag

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
HOWDY from Houston

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How about lunch some time?

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome! Also a houstonian

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
One of these days I'll take the 375 out and test it on a hog. I'm curious about that and my 458 win mag

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have 500 pieces of brass and about 4000 bullets for my 375 h&h mag. A little over kill since my 375 is a t/c encore single shot

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have 500 pieces of brass and about 4000 bullets for my 375 h&h mag. A little over kill since my 375 is a t/c encore single shot
Keeping a minimum supply like this is a good idea.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My goal is 1000 pieces of brass and 2000 bullets and primers for every rifle I own. Right now I have 5000 pieces of brass and 8000 bullets for each handgun.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would have to rent a store room just for gun stuff, already need to for hunting gear!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a spare room just for gun stuff. I would run out of room if I didn't have it