Farewell My Brother

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My best friend lost his battle with cancer this afternoon. I went right after work, had the honor of assuring him how great he did as a husband and father/grandfather, I was able to pray with him, one last time, and to be present with his family as he quietly breathed his last.

Life got in the way, we were not able to complete his build, but he had an *** 6.8 barrel/bolt ready to go. He had good taste.

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm saddened to read that, Rat and sorry for yall's loss... prayers for you and his family. It was a tremendous honor you had today and that's going to be a cherished rifle

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry for your loss but glad you could be there at the end for him.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He was lucky to have you.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank you, guys. He had more than a dozen people around him. His son-in-law is a paramedic, and was doing a fine job of monitoring and caring for him. His son and daughter did their best to honor him with their efforts in helping. His wife was always at his side through this battle. He was a very wealthy man in this regard.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You are a good friend to be there for him all the way to the end. So sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers for his family.

Pork Popper

LSB Member
Sorry for your loss. Seeing a family member or friend take their last breath is a very emotional experience. That moment will replay over and over in one's head. It's a very hard yet cherished part of life. Been there during a family member's passing. It's tough to say goodbye. But I believe it's just a temporary goodbye. For as a believer we will see our loved ones and friends again when our time to exit this world comes.

chthump

LSB Member
So sorry, prayers sent to his and your family, remember that if I pass before my family, I want them to live on , be happy and not be sad,remember the good times and don't get down, that's what he is wishing for you now.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heartfelt condolences RD. He had good taste in both AR components AND friends.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am so sorry RD, you are a great Friend, glad you were there for him and the family, Prayers for everyone.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hard losing loved ones. Prayers for the family and you during the coming days.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Condolences. Thoughts and prayers. Sorry for your loss

nathan koepp

Cibolo,TX
It's a hard time losing the ones you love and know so well, but atleast you were there with him when he passed on.