Family hunt

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We had a really good family hunt this morning. I went hunting with my oldest (9) daughter and my wife took my youngest (7) daughter. Before the sun was up we heard hogs moving toward the feeder. I had to find my green light and attach it to my 6.8 Stag 7H. Once I turned the light on I could see numerous hogs polishing off the corn under the feeder on ground. I picked one out and let a round go. The pig squealed and ran off. We waited for several minutes before we were going to go look for it, when my wife shot.

She shot a large old doe. It is unusually worm today and it also started to ran so I packed up and went to process the doe. I will look for the hog later in the hopes of finding it. I had just switched from the Federal 115 Fusion MSR to Wilson Combat 95gr TTSX round. I was hoping to see how they worked on hogs. My wife was using Hornady 120 SST in her Stag 7H (they work great). She shot her in the neck from 70 yards.

The girls had a great time and we have meat in the freezer. Making memories!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice hunt and good write-up. No trailing required on that doe. Big smiles tell the story.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow, nice shot on that doe!! Well done!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like y'all had a good time and got some meat to bring home

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fun! Must be her lucky boots!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
She put a nice shot on that doe, congrats.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
great lookin' family