External battery location

W

WhoVares

Hi all, I'm looking for alternate ways of mounting the external battery on my IRD mark iii. I can't stand loose wires, tie wraps and bungee cords all over my rifle. Looking for a clean install alternative. Maybe a way to mount the battery on my keymod hand guard. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for other than a more professional looking way of mounting this battery. Ideas or photos would be helpful. Thanks

Lancer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome. If duct tape, rubber bands and zip ties are out, I'm of no help here.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, I am a big fan of using releasable zip ties and trimming them to be cosmetically appealing. Otherwise, you will probably need to construct some sort of picatinny rail mount.

larry_atx

I use heat shrink tubing to tame the tangle of wires on my routing. Cheap and easy to remove if you decide to move the mounting location.

JPK

LSB Active Member
I use zip ties to tame the wires and to mount the pouch snug to the off side of the stock.

JPK

JPK

LSB Active Member
Well, the photo appeared, and shows how I zip tie my battery pack wires.

I am a lefty, so the battery pack in on the left side of the butt. Below (hopefully) is a photo showing the zip ties holding the battery pack in place. I never notice the zip ties and I can either charge the battery pack in place or remove the battery from the pouch and charge it.