Equipment compatability question

mt-ed

Hi again guys. I know the pvs 14s can be helmet mounted, and I would like to know if anyone has helmet mounted a pulsar quantum hd19s or hd38s? It appears they have a 1/4-20 socket on them. Thanks in advance...again!!

JPK

LSB Active Member
I am in the midst of trying to mount an HD 19A.

Beware the sockets are not very firmly installed, and I have managed to spin one. I will use a toothpick and some two part epoxy to re-secure it. And yes, they are 1/4"-20.

I bought a Wilcox shoe used on the Patrol (I have a Patrol) because it looks like it will allow the 19A to direct mount to either a Wilcox dual PVS 14 bridge or an Integrated Technologies dual PVS 14 bridge, both of which I have. Height looks about right too.

There is a thread on Predator Masters where a guy cobbled together an arm extension for the 19A for use with a GI PVS 14 arm and mount. He provides photos. I will try to find the link and post it.

I need to drill out the Wilcox Patrol shoe and thread it, and fix the socket. When I get around to that I will post results. I think it is going to work well, and allow side by side use with a PVS 14.

JPK

mt-ed

Thanks JPK, I'll look on PM (spend a lot of time there already), and also check out the parts you mentioned. Sounds like we are alike, in that we can Jerry Rig just about anything!! lol Good luck on your project!!

JPK

LSB Active Member
I will be finished with my Wilcox shoe experiment with the 19A this morning. Would have been finished last night but the 1/4"-20 tap went missing.

Fwiw, cut the head off of a 1/4"-20 SS 3/4" bolt and cut a groove in it for a flat blade screw driver. With the spare 1/4"-20 bolt I was nearly able to thread the shoe, which is aluminum, but not quite, need the tap. On a side note, Wilcox's original threading is definitely off center and canted, but I am not going to fix it for fear of trashing the shoe, which is like $60.

JPK