EPS 5 Battery Pack

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
Hope I'm putting this in the right place. Having never used my N750 I am currently just letting it run to test the life of the Enerloop batteries. If it doesn't run for at least 3 hours on them I am considering investing in an external battery. Where would I find the best price on the EPS 5? Is there any reason a generic 12 volt battery pack wouldn't work as well? I live in the sticks and know nobody personally who uses night vision so, any input from the knowledgeable members here is appreciated.

Last edited:

ballistic1

I dont know about other battery sources for power, but I do run an Eps5
on my Apex38a.

Initially I used 2 of the 123s that the Apex requires but it juat chews through a set of
these inside of 3 hrs.. inside of 2hrs most of the time, and this is in the summer.

So I switched over to using Eps5 pack. I have been out now multiple times logging
over 12 hrs on the original 1st charge, still going strong.
I avoid the pack weight by lashing it on my belt and just being careful/ mindful
of the power cable tethering betwixt me and the Apex.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How are you doing to mount a 12v battery tonyour system? I tested my EPS5 on my N550 works great and I doubt it sucks much battery compared to my thermal. I hunt 2-3x a week from 4-12 hours and charge it once a week.

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
Not sure Ed, I'm just trying to find out if something like this would work first. New 12V 9800mAh Black Lithium-ion Super Rechargeable Battery Pack+AC Charger | eBay If it would work, I'm sure I could come up with a small bag with velcro straps to mount it on the stock. I've never used the N750 and have been trying to figure a way to go thermal but just don't see that happening. I have too much tied up in the N750 and IR illuminators to start over.