EoTech

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After watching the videos of charging hogs, I realize how fortunate I have been. On my hog rifle there is Nikon 2.5-10x42 scope. If I were to be charged by a hog it would be most difficult to acquire it in my optics if set on a higher power level. Rethinking this situation, I will be removing said scope and mounting an EoTech sight. Here is the dilemma, with all the different models available, which one to pick. I want the option to use a PVS-14 if and when I can afford one, long battery life, and durability. I only desire the 1 moa dot with the 64 moa circle. (meaning I don't see the need for multiple reticle options). Any experience/advice you can share is appreciated.

Michael

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Look at the EXPS3-0. It is NV compatable, QD mount and CR123 battery. The buttons are on the side which makes it easier when there is a PVS-14 or magnifier behind it.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Exactly what they said

and a large caliber handgun for charging hogs.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Get the model referenced in this thread. It is sturdy, short and NV capable.

There are models that are NOT NV capable.

Not sure, but maybe Ident has some.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
With them mounted so forward to use NV what does do to the sight picture?

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nothing, shoot both eyes open.
Big advantage of the eotech.i am not computer savvy. Maybe ident or TLM can take a pic and show you,

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nothing, shoot both eyes open.
Big advantage of the eotech.i am not computer savvy. Maybe ident or TLM can take a pic and show you,
This!!! Focus on target not sight! It's almost like a video game it's so user friendly!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK I have been looking at the clone Halo sights but worried I could not see well enough with old eyes, that is why I use a variable scope. I had a red dot and killed a pig w it but did not feel I could focus a pin point shot w it. Are the halo better?

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I understand older eyes. Had cataracts, got new eyes. Night and day difference. Only reason I now see well,,

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well that is the same as w a red dot, right? I think I will get a clone and try it out before investing in a better unit. Thanks

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well that is the same as w a red dot, right? I think I will get a clone and try it out before investing in a better unit. Thanks
Yes same as a red dot no diopter if you can't see without the sight your not going to see with it.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK I have been looking at the clone Halo sights but worried I could not see well enough with old eyes, that is why I use a variable scope. I had a red dot and killed a pig w it but did not feel I could focus a pin point shot w it. Are the halo better?
My Leuplod Delta point work extremely well
ready1_zps0cd21e4e.jpg

Sorry picture is not better this is Delta point on on a 7.52x39 CSC upper

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man... you NEED a new camera !!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man... you NEED a new camera !!
She is one of my GM of the hotels I run on her first hunt she bag a nice meat hog her camera at daylight.

PS: does she not look determined?