EFORMs have been shut down

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
"The eForms software is not performing to our expectations. As a result, we are taking the eForms system down until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work with our industry partners to deliver a quality product. Any eForm submitted will continue to be processed. The finalized forms will be sent to the user via email.

Until the eForms system is returned to service for the industry, all imports forms (Forms 6 Part I and 6A), NFA forms (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 10), and AFMER reports (Form 5300.11) must be submitted via paper, including any eForms in draft status.

· Tax refund for draft eForms
o Direct a request for refund to eForms.Refunds@atf.gov
o Include the email that was generated for the payment
· Copy of submitted or finalized eForm
o Direct a request to eForms.Request@atf.gov
o Provide specific information regarding what is being requested
· Status queries
o Contact the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4550
o Contact the Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch at (304) 616-4550
· Other eForms questions
o Direct the question to eForms.admin@atf.gov"

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
At least those in the pipe will continue through. Maybe now they will be able to approve what has been submitted. Approvals have been at a snails pace lately.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hab dam it!!!! I have been trying for a couple week trying to get SBR paperwork in. I guess I am stuck to the paper form now. O well at least I have a couple cans in through e forms. Good buy SBR till who know when.

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This might prove to be interesting. I have had one in the system for the past 6 weeks. Hopefully it will go through without any problems.

Smitty

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I was about to submit another sbr too. Now I will just wait and see what happens. Maybe they will come up with a new system that will work better. Who knows?

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd bet that it doesn't come back online. Being that the trust requirements will probably change in June I don't see them spending money to fix it. Hope I'm wrong for you guys.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That blows I was right in the middle of submitting my trust when it crapped out dang now 10 months or more. What is the June date you mentioned?

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok I have a question. I don't want to say what is legal or against the law. Has anyone very asked to see your stamp? My gun smith keeps copies so he can work on them.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That blows I was right in the middle of submitting my trust when it crapped out dang now 10 months or more. What is the June date you mentioned?

The anticipated "final action" date on ATF41P. Although, it is more likely for a final action to be much later due to all the comments, of which they have to respond to. 10,000 comments are going to take a while for them to sift through. Another theory is that it will more likely be March 2015 before the ATF can really do anything.

RevMS

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just an FYI. Silencer Shop is saying they are going to hold filing form 4's for a bit thinking that the eforms system is likely to be up and running again sooner rather than later, and that any delay due to waiting to file is going to be shorter than the wait for paper forms.

Makes sense to me.

Though this had to happen just as the Saker 762 was hitting stores though, didn't it?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
A friend who attended the Waco predator and hog expo went to a seminar put on by an atf agent. My source told me that the atf agent said e-forms is down, but a new system will be up shortly. I don't know the validity of this statement because I wasn't there and my source isn't a real nfa savvy guy, hence why he was at the seminar.

My fingers are crossed because I have a 7.62 saker waiting on me.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
EFORMS is back online again. Better hurry up if you want to submit something before the inevitable crash!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
From what I have heard is they are bringing it back online, but it will not work if everyone keeps flooding it. I guess the issue they had was with people doing "batch processing". The system was designed for individual serial processes and was getting overloaded with "batch processing" and bogged to the point it was inoperable. Hopefully it will be back up and running soon. I have another lower to SBR and a can waiting a form 4.