Dove season is approaching!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love it, looks like you are ready! We have home birds but not ones like in TX, have some grain fields planted by the State, never had luck there either, I have 5 shotguns and never get to use them. I am basically a bird hunter converted to hog hunting. My retirement dream was to motorhome to various bird seasons, all over the country, wife said NO...LOL

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hate it that the quail have been decimated they are my favorite. And I have some on my property buy I do not shoot them anymore....

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Quail, I love them, finally saw 1 that is right 1 on my lease, first one ever seen there. If I had my own land I would restock them but the predators really decimate them here, controlled burns may be the worst!

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We have seen a few coveys on our place but like everyone else we let them go. Between fire ants and predators they have decimated the populations around here.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh yeah the fire ants are the worst on them, now we are getting the crazy ants. Unlike TX we don't have an aerial program for killing them.

Pitbull

LSB Member
I have been seeing flocks in the hundreds on my drive home from work lately. I'm sure it will be like years past.......gone when the first shot is fired (the Dove seem to head to the city limits).

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have been seeing flocks in the hundreds on my drive home from work lately. I'm sure it will be like years past.......gone when the first shot is fired (the Dove seem to head to the city limits).

There is no close city limits Where I go!

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB

Are you seeing white-winged, mourning, or Eurasian collared dove?
The Eurasians and white-winged dove love the mature trees and other structure in the city and use them year round. Mourning dove generally do not head towards town and are more migratory and can nest either on the ground or in trees.

Pitbull

LSB Member
Are you seeing white-winged, mourning, or Eurasian collared dove?
The Eurasians and white-winged dove love the mature trees and other structure in the city and use them year round. Mourning dove generally do not head towards town and are more migratory and can nest either on the ground or in trees.
The flocks I have been seeing on my drive are white wing.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've been seeing tons of mourning doves here. And more Eurasians than ever!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm seeing a lot of eurasians around my office building and at my house.

I take a air gun with me for dove season now to shoot them in town!

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Looks like Im going to miss opening day, going with my dad to hunt a chunk of ground that has been a game preserve for almost 60 years. There will be 4 of us on virgin ground, with deer tags and pig tags a plenty!! Ill bird hunt Monday, since I can do that out my back door.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
FL does not even start till Oct 5th

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
September 1st here

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know, first year in FL and I was hyped about Sept 1 coming till I looked at their regs...sucks!