Dove Hunt/lease?

Lrtx1

LSB Member
Friend and I just acuired new lease ground. 40 acres with 15 or so in open field. Toying with the idea of making a dove club/lease. I think the field would hold at least 10 shooters.

We have time and equipment to do this right. Baring we get the birds, what would a single hunt be worth?

BBQ lunch included, nothing fancy.

Lrtx1

LSB Member
I thought there would be a few dove shooters in this crowd. I got some time to get this sorted out.

Looking for some feedback not only on pricing but, how to optimize the place for success. Right now the plan is to plant millet, sunflower, and corn.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is only 4.5 hrs for me, not to bad for a weekend hunt. I am shocked at the prices in FL for dove hunting so no help here, sorry

Lrtx1

LSB Member
Not looking to retire off of it. I'm thinking around 100 dollars per gun, and some kind of youth discount for the younger family members.

I don't want to set it up as a club or lease per say. I just want to host 5-6 shoots a year and sell them per day or event.

Like I said not looking to make a killing, small field won't hold a lot of shooters but, I need to pay for seed, fuel, the lease and make it worth while.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I understand, they are $40-$75 up here and they are using farmers fields, not planting their own

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Where is this located? I've seen everything from $25 to $200 a day depending on location and size. The ones close to large cities seem to do well.

Lrtx1

LSB Member
10 miles outside of gainesville fl.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Around San Antonio they run 100-150 per gun per day.

Lrtx1

LSB Member
Well, it sounds like I would be right in line at 100 bucks. Thanks for the feedback.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I remember paying $10 a day around San Antonio(thinking that was high) and a whole place by myself for $100 on the season just outside 1604...I am getting OLD

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
10 bucks a day...wow....wouldn't that be nice!!!