Don't shoot the cows!!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey nothing wrong w you taking the shot, it was pretty clearcut to me what you were doing...all I said is I would have waited.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I met a kid down here at the feed store. Limps pretty bad so I asked him why. Figured bull riding or something, was kind of a wild guy. He said he jumped in a round trap and was going to catch some hogs and toss them out to his brother. There was a big one in there but he seemed pretty mellow so what the heck. Well, that big one came after him, he turned to run and it hit him in the back of the leg and flipped him up in the air and down he went. he tried to scramble out of there but his leg wasn't working and here comes the Hog for round 2. He laid on his back and was kicking at the boar with all he had when his brother grabbed the 30-30 and shot the hog in the head and dropped it....right between his legs! Anyhoot...the boar ripped a tendon in the back of his leg and he never went to the doctor, a little redneck but sure glad his brother took that shot. Has little to do with RG's story, but close enough!! lol

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And then you have accounts like this where the bear hunter being mauled is killed by he buddy trying to stop the bear. http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/2011/09/officials-mt-hunter-killed-bullet-not-bear Ty Bell gets credit for two kills, one of which was devastating. Actually, the whole story was a cluster ____...hunters going after a wounded grizzly after dark without sufficient manpower, skill, or knowledge, manage to find the bear and not kill it before it defends itself.

There are risks in hunting and we don't all hunt the same way or with the same risks or risk perceptions. rgilbert did fine.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shot ... loving hearing the bullet hit out of suppressors.