Digisight site-in

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
Having heck of a time sighting mine in. Figured how to do it but even at 25 yards its hard to see where the bullet is hitting, Even with 1.5! Forget it if you're using anything but a black target. Have to use spotting scope and then estimate and adjust, shoot, scope, estimate. Doesn't take long to use up some ammo. Is this normal for Digisight and nv in general? Tried using laser but have to use it indoors, neighbors might get little upset if I did it in my yard and I've never been able to use a laser for anything other than on the paper.

btw, it's mounted on .308 semi and using shoot and see targets (or whatever they're called)

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
IIRC, the adjustments are in 1" increments. So at 25 yards, your adjustment is 4 clicks (pixels) per inch.

Right, seeing the holes really isn't what the Digisight is good at doing. So that is normal.

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
IIRC, the adjustments are in 1" increments. So at 25 yards, your adjustment is 4 clicks (pixels) per inch.

Right, seeing the holes really isn't what the Digisight is good at doing. So that is normal.
Thanks, in the manual is says 13mm which comes out to about 1/2", might be part of my problem.
Also, I won't bother trying to focus it in any better than it is for holes. Going to range now so that should save me some time.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My apologies. It has been a while since I sighted mine in at the range. I wonder if I am misremembering the data from the older N550? Maybe I need more caffeine.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Learned to stick my target in a box. Can see it clear as day at 100 yards+
Turn on your SUMLight (It turns of digitizing of target)
Also watch your adjustment level on the brightness.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very good..great ingenuity!

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well done video.

We share the same outlook on 100 yard scope sight in; it doesn't have to be perfect.

Just deadly.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Make sure you have the brightness and contrast adjusted for day time. I would use a white paper target with a black torso silhouette. In the center of the torso I would use one of the neon orange or yellow circular stickys that cover bullet holes. Was pretty easy to sight in. During the day like that at 50 yds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 6

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It also helps if you shade yourself. I always keep a camp cover and throw it over me if I can't get into shade.