Digisight n750 and hand held illuminators

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
I've used my 750 for awhile now and gotten pretty good at its adjustments, even shot a couple of hogs. I know this has been discussed before but I'd like to get anupdate on recommendations on handheld IR, or whatever, to scan area for game before bringing the 750 to bear. I'll never be shooting over 100 yards and not looking for anything more than $200...

Thanks guys

Hogs.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you are looking for a monocular to scan w first? I got the ATN digital for $140, works pretty good especially for the price
ATN DNVM-2 Digital Night Vision Monocular - 2x Color

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
Yes on the first scan Frank. ATN looks good. At optics planet it's 199. Figured I'd do some shopping around. $140 sounds even better :)

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
B&H $149

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ebay is where I got mine, the FOV is too small on the 6x but either the 4x or 2x will do you. I am sure there are other small light units like this but it was refereed to me over on the 6.8 forum

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
Ordered the 2 from B&H - free shipping. Be here before I go to camp first week of Feb :)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
there you go..good luck...

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've used Torch for a couple of years now on my N550. Most cases I don't even turn on. I use the SL button on the right side of the scope. Instead of digital conversion view you get a CCL view.

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
I've used Torch for a couple of years now on my N550. Most cases I don't even turn on. I use the SL button on the right side of the scope. Instead of digital conversion view you get a CCL view.
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll give it a try.
I have some raised blinds (I call condos) that overlook 200+ yards of clear cut (commercial pine farm). It's too slow scoping that area in the dark with 750 so figure monocular would do that job.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
2 year old video. But you get the idea. Seems kinda wimpy after using Thermal hahahah...

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
2 year old video. But you get the idea. Seems kinda wimpy after using Thermal hahahah...

Thermal is great but it won't be appearing on my PayPal account for a long time...

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
that is what he said...lol

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
Been playing with my new dnvm2. Well worth the price imho. Exactly what I was looking for. Didn't get to camp to try it yet, got that damn "Gonna get the flu" shot, and I did. Shouldna know better when I saw "provided free of charge by the Democratic party" stamped on the side.