Different animals that do and don't eat,graze together

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So what animals will graze and eat near one another and which ones won't?
Deer, turkey, cattle, hogs, etc.
For example when deer are out and a hog is coming, generally they deer run off. Is that the case every time or do they sometimes share a location at the same time? What about with other animals? When I hunt a blind and all the deer look in the same direction and run off shortly after, or a raccoon scurries up a tree it's usually a good indicator that a hog, cow or something is coming. If it's other deer, then the original deer will usually return, but not so much with a pig. Thoughts? Experiences...

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
deer on the plot, hogs come in to the feeder, they stay most of the time unless the hogs get rowdy or make a lot of noise, sorta depends on how close the hogs are and if the walk or run in. No cows, have seen coons and hogs eating corn together and close too

Pootie

Santa Fe, TX
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Coons don't seem to worry about other animals too much - deer, hogs - I've seen 2 coons try to roll a dead hog to get the corn it is laying on - well not really, but they didn't worry about the dead hog. Deer with turkey, squirrels, coons, but not hogs. Deer spooked by sandhill cranes but will come back and feed after they land. House cats get a deer's attention real quick. Cows fenced away from the feeder don't seem to bother deer too much after a while. (in my experience in my neck of the woods)

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
where we hunt when hogs arrive everything but coons leave. Even a group of piglets will push deer off the feeder here.

As Pootie mentioned, coons got an attitude and don't seem to be bothered even by big boars as long as they can maintain some distance.

MFDC0887.JPG

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Normally if I see deer feeding then I'm 90% sure their won't be hogs in the same field. Now hogs and cows seem to have some kind of bond. The cows have put themselves between the hogs and myself more than once. I swear they know what's about to happen while the hogs are clueless.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Normally if I see deer feeding then I'm 90% sure their won't be hogs in the same field. Now hogs and cows seem to have some kind of bond. The cows have put themselves between the hogs and myself more than once. I swear they know what's about to happen while the hogs are clueless.
And then it happens, you get the alien stare.

7475631140_2119d4b4e1_z.jpg

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Rams scare the crap out of everything.
At my friends ranch he has exotic sheep and we were hog hunting there.
A lot of axis and white tail deer were eating at the feeder.
Then some red sheep decided it was dinner time.

Stepenwolf came on.
Cause they were BBBBBBBAD.
Everything parted like the Red Sea.
Deer couldn't move fast enough.
By time they reached the feeder, everything had cleared out.
Was crazy to see.