Didn't Measure, but I Bet it Qualifies

Discussion in 'SUS VENATOR CLUB' started by diggler1833, Mar 23, 2019.

1. diggler1833

diggler1833 LSB Member

***UPDATE...SEE POST 4***

Sorry for not taking a tape measure with me...I guess I'm just not smart enough to think to bring these things when I go eradicating on our ranch.

I have no idea how big this boar is, but he is certainly bigger than the one I did measure at 268lbs. Photo for comparison. ***My rifle is 36-7/8" for reference***

I have the story along with the video already posted in the hunting videos section.
    20190322 Boar Island.jpg

20190322 Boar Island (2).jpg

For comparison, this one was 268...
    20181201 Boar Island.jpg

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    lonepunman and Chopperdrvr like this.
  2. scrmblr1982cj8

scrmblr1982cj8 LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

Regardless of the weight, we’ll done!

3. der Teufel

der Teufel Livin' the Dream … SUS VENATOR CLUB

What he said!

4. diggler1833

diggler1833 LSB Member

Okay, so I measured the carcass approximately 10 hours after the kill. I brought the tractor over to move it. The weather was around 50-55 degrees during that entire time.

* I want to be clear that I measured with a chain link, as it was what I needed to lift this sucker up. I then straightened the links and measured with a tape measure. I know that this will not be as accurate as a measurement with close tape right after death*

It came in at exactly 58 inches, with a tight chain. Even subtracting 3 inches for the chain would make this beast about a 350lb hog.

***I also noticed that this hog had been castrated*** I'd like to take a moment to that the local trash for letting stuuff like this loose for hunting as they invariably end up on our ranch rooting it up.

Chopperdrvr likes this.
  5. J BAR K

J BAR K Just trying to make a day. SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Wow! That’s a beast! Another example of people not caring about the results of their actions.

diggler1833 likes this.