Decent boar before the rain

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Headed out to the ranch with a few friends .We got on one big sounder (30 pigs or so) but they winded us and took off.

We then drove to the front of the property where we usually see hogs crossing the road at dark and saw a big boar. He must of heard us and ran back into the woods and sat in the brush... we watched him through the thermal. About 10 minutes later he came out and headed right towards us! BUT then he lifted his head and smelled the air and started trotting off, my friends took a shot but missed and he was gone.

Last hog, everything went perfect ... the wind was picking up but it was in our favor. We spotted him from about 200+ yards out and made the stalk to about 50 yards. The wind covered our sound and he never knew we were there. My friends counted down and both shot and down he went. He looked pretty solid (at least 220 or so). After that the rain picked up and we hauled it back to the truck.

We didn't see any other hogs after that, the surrounding area has had helicopter hunts recently and it's really put a dent in the hog population. I think they shot around 800 hogs in the area from what the rancher told us.

Thanks for reading and happy hunting. Size 10 boots for reference.

10996068_10103206691970548_3620652989681684483_n.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah that is a nice big hog..congrats

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a nice pile of bacon there ! Congrats, good to here ya didn't skunked. Only EGarza gets skunked... (that ol' pole-cat slayer)

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go! That's a big hog!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a decent hog right there, glad you all got him. 800 hogs is a a mess of bacon. Nice going!! BANG BANG!!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I would say 800 hogs is a good dent in the population. Good job getting one more.

TomH FW

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good job!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
great job

I like the boot for reference