Day time hog

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I decided to work a night shift today's so I went hunting this morning after dropping the kids off at school. After about an hour, several hogs showed up at the feeder. This is the first time they have showed up during the day in a long time. I shot the largest one with my 450 Bushmaster using Hornady 250gr FTX. It was a good shoulder shot at about 75 yards. The hog ran off. When I walked up to the feeder I found a huge blood trail leading into the brush. About 35 yards into the brush, following largest blood trail I have seen, I found this 200 lbs ( 40 inch chest) sow. Good start to the day.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good job.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great looking pig.

Looks like about 3 higher and 2 right and he would not have even done the pig dance, especially with that shooter !!!

Nice

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very realistic looking decoy

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Izzat a chunk of lung in pic #1? Sweet trail, good looking sow, congrats.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hog, blood trail, and took for the job!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yup indeed that is a nice one. Good going. Nice pictures!! Where abouts you shootin these things at, it looks like a straight up Russian hog to me, well more than the usual feral hog or at least it had/has a little Russian in it.??:) BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes that is a chunk of lung.
I was gonna ask that.. Wasn't sure if it was blood on a rock or a chunk of lung.
What velocity is that bullet flying at

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man what a nice hog and daytime too. I guess the 450 is enough gun...good grief blowing parts out of them!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great Scott what a hole that rifle must have made.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love it when a perfectly good pig gets pickled!

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's awesome. - great job! Pig does look like its got, er had, some Russian in her.

I've got a .450 Marlin that shoots a 325 gr FTX at around 2200fps (45-70 ballistic twin I think) and have been wanting to see what it would do to a pig, but I've been doing my hunting at night lately. Your .450 bushy gives me a pretty good idea though.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
good shooting and good pics, I like to put the bullet usually just forward of the shoulder, they seem to drop with that shot all the time

thanks for sharing and taking the time for some good pics, get your face in the pic next time, those mini tripods you can carry are really small, work well with cameras, but of course cells phones don't have a mount