Day light Grand Slam

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
slamx.jpg
My original plan was to sight in my rifle this morning by setting up a 100 yard target on the dam of a small ground tank. I parked about 100 yards away and carried the targets to the dam and wouldn't you know it, two sows and a dozen piglets came out to get a drink on the far side of the tank. They paid no attention to me as I slowly made my way back to the truck and my rifle. I was able to get the rifle loaded, take out my sticks and set up for a shot all without alerting the sounder. They even made their way towards me for about a 120 yard shot. I hit the first sow and they ran away from me up a hill, but she bled out and dropped. The piglets froze and the second sow ran another twenty yards to my left before turning back for the piglets. I was able to drop her and two of the piglets before they took off for good. All this at 11:00 AM. Needless to say I didn't bother to sight in the rifle after this grand slam! My first time to do so. Video was terrible as I didn't have time to adjust the thermal and I didn't take time to screw on my suppressor. That was a mistake because there wasn't enough gas to lock back the bolt. I had to manually charge after each shot. It was a comedy of errors but I ended up with one of my greatest hunting experiences ever.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And, THEN he stopped to buy a lottery ticket on the way to the voting polls. Uhhh... TELL me you did that!!! LOL

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And, THEN he stopped to buy a lottery ticket on the way to the voting polls. Uhhh... TELL me you did that!!! LOL

Yes, it was that kind of day!

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down despite equipment issues!