Day 1 of 3 Day Hunt - 5 Hogs Down

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thursday was the start of 3 nights of hunting with Bobby, James, and Dave. This was Bobby's first time hog hunting, though he has hunted much of his life.

It was wet, wet, wet and was about the worst thermal conditions I have seen this year. Several times I scanned fields and would check and see if my lens cap was still on as everything just looked flat gray. Fortunately, even wet, the hogs stood out...

Friday night, we will be in a different area...

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Oooh yeah, great work so far! Looking forward to days 2 & 3.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog downs! Always nice vid and safe hunting!!

Last edited:

WhoCares

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks fun, hopefully Friday and Saturday will be drier.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think I heard those corn thieves yelling: "Get to da choppa!!"

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job on the video enhancement. I can see it was probably fuzzy and fast moving. Leave this to a professional. lol

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
All Right !!

Use guise dune sum sear us chuting.
Keep After 'Em!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And the final night turned out quite well. What a difference a day makes in the weather and imagery of thermal. The weather remained cool, but things had a chance to dry out a bit and there was a very distinct change in the ability to see the vegetation and background in general.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great shooting!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
And a great time was had by all, with the exception of the hogs and coyote …
Nice shootin', great videos, interesting narrative. Keep it up!

MNBob

LSB Member
And the final night turned out quite well. What a difference a day makes in the weather and imagery of thermal. The weather remained cool, but things had a chance to dry out a bit and there was a very distinct change in the ability to see the vegetation and background in general.

Fantastic shooting

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way much fun!! Dang nice shootin to. COLD??? Send it to the coast! Can't believe you all had jackets on?? Anywhos looked like a blast, loved the coyotee. BANG BANG!!!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cold is relative, LOL, but it sure felt that way compared to the heat of the previous days. The Weather Bug app said is was something like 62. In the low areas, I am certain it was several degrees cooler. Being wet in that sort of weather will definitely put the chill on you in no time.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Outstanding! Watching those hogs going down reminds me of that surfer song: "Ha ha ha ha ha ... Wipe out!"

Blew the stuffin' right outta 'dat 'yote too! Measure the spread on his "flingage"?