San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome picture!

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is also one of my bucket list fish. Would love to go out and stack a few on board. Good job!!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And some darn fine eating too. We did not keep much at all for fish but kept a couple fillets of these and took them to a restaurant. Told the waiter to have the chef surprise us!! he brought it back cooked 4 different ways and each one of them were excellent. That time and a couple others I plum hurt my self eating while down there. One place by word of mouth only had ALL entrees for 19.95 as long as you were there before 6:30 in a seat. Little place and so was the menu but each dish on the menu was cooked darn right tasty. I had 3 of the best meals in my life while we were there.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good eating steaks off that one.

Navygator

LSB Active Member
Great fish, but I will confess that when I saw the title of the thread, I thought it would be about long distance running. :)

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great fish, but I will confess that when I saw the title of the thread, I thought it would be about long distance running. :)
LOL... Me too. Up this way, a fishing event like that... we call it a derby.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Where me grandfolks come from a Derby is something me puts on me head.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here is a picture I have been looking for and the girls finally gave it up. O-K this is suppose to be a selfie? mind you there are about 50+ people all in a nice line taking turns at the buoy to snap a quick picture. I was not doing well and there was no place to park so I dropped off the wife and girl so they could walk on up there and get a quick picture. I dropped them off circled the block a couple times and came back and they hopped in the truck and off we went. Asked them if they had someone take a picture for them or what, they said oh we just snapped a selfie and got out of there. The funny thing about the picture is there were many many people all around there plus them two and I do not know for the life of me for a selfie how they did not get themselves nor did they get anyone of all the people milling about in the area, it is way to funny how they accomplished such a task!!??:)bouy.jpeg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cool, you are supposed to get yourself in the pic...lol

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not sure if that's the best selfie ever or worst!?