Damn hot...

desmond

"runnin' with sasquatch"
After spraying mesquite on one property in 100 degree weather I went over to another property and walked around in the heat to "relax". I was really dragging when I got in a creek bed and saw a sounder of pigs about 25-30 yards away. They were moving between fence lines into our property in a wooded area. I quickly spotted one of the largest ones and took a shot. It fell and one of the piglets stopped and watched. I was trying to get it in the scope when the pig I shot trotted in front of me and went down the creek bed. She was moving slow so I knew I could find her. I walked about 40 yards and saw her standing so I shot her again and she dropped for good. This was around 4:30 pm.
Feedpig2 (2).JPG

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The Mini claims another victim. Good going.
Mine is for sale but you are slowly convincing me to keep it,inslall the rings,and a 1-4x24 scope.
Keep it up . . . . . . --- pruhdlr DSC01019.JPG

desmond

"runnin' with sasquatch"
The mini works perfect for me. I hump through lots of tight places and the mini does not get in the way. I also get close to the pigs and with the 1 x 4 it is almost cheating....have not lost a pig yet.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Finding hogs during the day is always fun.
Good work!

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shot!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice kill, congrats.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not cheating in the slightest…

You planned, prepared and executed a bed rock principle of combat and hunting:

Weapon. In. Reach.

Which is a helluva lot easier to do on a crisp fall morning with a Thermos full of coffee in a comfy deer blind.

When you're slogging it out in the scrub and ignore all the excuses not to have the boom stick with you, you've earned every damn shot you get.

Last edited: