Cutting edge Bullets 100gr 6.8 Raptor ESP Test

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very Inktristink pills. Are these factory loads, or offered as components? Brass, huh? Lathe turned?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very Inktristink pills. Are these factory loads, or offered as components? Brass, huh? Lathe turned?
Just componets for now. They were working with SSA to produce loaded ammo but when they sold that ended.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd heard talk of an 80ish grain pill, haven't heard of a 100 though. Nice.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd heard talk of an 80ish grain pill, haven't heard of a 100 though. Nice.

I have the 82 grain that is designed for thick skinned animals that I am testing also.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gotta wonder, is the breakaway feature of the petals a means to avoid that AP status that that one bunch ran into trouble with by ATF? I like how the base seemed to track true after the petals broke away.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That looks very lethal, will be interesting to see how hogs react.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gotta wonder, is the breakaway feature of the petals a means to avoid that AP status that that one bunch ran into trouble with by ATF? I like how the base seemed to track true after the petals broke away.

Numerous companies offer all copper bullets, some of which do not have petals designed to break off and they are just as legal. The key isn't that they are copper, but that they are not beryllium copper. https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guides-importation-verification-firearms-gun-control-act-definition-ammunition

RD pointed out that these are brass, not copper. I can't recall anything in the law that would point to partial fragmentation as DOING from being AP as many AP rounds only penetrates armor with a core after a softer jacket is stripped away.

Last edited:

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
These have been out for two years now? (I think), I am glad you are testing them out and giving them a shot. Hope to see them on some oinkers. BANG BANG!!

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like plenty of energy to those times the hogs line up in a row for you!

It may the the 10 year old in me but halfway through all I saw was Todd posting dick pics.....
Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 8.46.43 AM.png

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great minds think alike. I gave a snicker at that frame shot too.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

No the breakaway segments are intended to do more damage and cause a wider hydrostatic shock wave.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No the breakaway segments are intended to do more damage and cause a wider hydrostatic shock wave.
TLM looks almost like the barrier bullets out there these days that the military is using. I have a bunch in 308 when they where on sale. Any comment that they might be the same bullet only made for 6,8? the other bullets looks like a HP collapses and use the rest of the bullet to push through. It looks very similar. Great design.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like plenty of energy to those times the hogs line up in a row for you!

It may the the 10 year old in me but halfway through all I saw was Todd posting dick pics.....
View attachment 3085

oh my goodness I had to read this twice to make sure I was understanding what I thought you said.......... Damn that was funny as hell. tears are streaming down my face I am laughing so hard

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Numerous companies offer all copper bullets, some of which do not have petals designed to break off and they are just as legal. The key isn't that they are copper, but that they are not beryllium copper. https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guides-importation-verification-firearms-gun-control-act-definition-ammunition

RD pointed out that these are brass, not copper. I can't recall anything in the law that would point to partial fragmentation as DOING from being AP as many AP rounds only penetrates armor with a core after a softer jacket is stripped away.

Lehigh Defense had and issue a couple years ago. Atf went after them for their brass bullets. They now have a disclaimer for most of them as "Rifle Use Only". Another reason I want to sbr my AR pistols.