Copperhead Roundup

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The title is a visual pun.

I was out mowing the fields at my folks' place when my father came rolling up and asked if I would help with a couple of copperheads next to the house. Well, I figured that was a helluva lot more exciting than mowing weeds out in the pasture on an open tractor.

Pop is off camera. He is watching, I guess in case anything goes wrong, not that he could get to a phone and call 911 very quickly. He is 82 and has slowed down quite a bit. Anyway, that is who I am talking to off camera...

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
HE SAID YES...HAHA

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice that you just happened to have a long snake stick with you. I have a hook that make things a lot more western at times. I was talking too my mechanic a little earlier today and he told me he was bitten on the finger last weekend by a copperhead. Fortunately for him it was a dry bite and he is back at work.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice that you just happened to have a long snake stick with you. I have a hook that make things a lot more western at times. I was talking too my mechanic a little earlier today and he told me he was bitten on the finger last weekend by a copperhead. Fortunately for him it was a dry bite and he is back at work.

My folks just live 10 minutes away over in the next town. I had to go home and find my snake catcher. That was the first time I used it on a snake since I bought it in 1989. I think it cost me $30. It was a long term investment, LOL.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Just reach in and grab em!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm with you Brian... Homie don't like grabbing snakes with bare meat-hooks... even non-venomous ones. Danged things poop on ya and STINK. LOL

Just think, some day, you'll pass the snake stick off to Slayer Beall to have and to keep.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Lynn took care of a snake in the back yard today. She thought it was a cotton mouth and dispatched it with her 1911. I told her I thought it was a little overkill, but she said she wanted to make sure and she didn't want to get very close. lol. It's now missing most of its head and half of its innards because it was coiled. It turned out to not be a cotton mouth, but looked so close I told her I would have shot it too.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good practice... and sounds like she's a good shot with that .45. Be nice to her. LOL

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good practice... and sounds like she's a good shot with that .45. Be nice to her. LOL
lol. She is and I always try to remember that. We usually carry a .22 mag revolver with bird shot. I found out years ago, it is very effective on rattlers especially when your heart rate is maxed out. She wanted to use the .45 so that she could use the laser. I guess its sighted in pretty good.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Dang! That one is a trophy for sure.