Cooking Hot Peppers

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As some as you know I have been growing quite a few varieties of peppers down here since it's cheap and you never know what you are going to end up with.
By that I mean there are some that I have growing that might shall we say "cross pollinate".
Well, I have two big black pots that I have been growing Red Scotch Bonnet peppers in for over three years and I can always know what I am going to get when I pick them. Same size...same flavor....same heat. It has always been the same.

NOT THIS TIME!!!

Picked this afternoon probably 35 peppers and did the usual. Put the gloves on to de-seed them and then figure out what I am going to do with them. Some go into freezer bags for later,some get cooked up right now in some sauce. I decided to make sauce with the whole pile.

Threw the peppers into the pot with four Onions, six cloves of Garlic, nine small Carrots, nine leaves of Culantro, and a half a jug of apple cider vinegar with the same of water.
Mix and stir....mix and stir...mix and stir...
Darn peppers must have changed on me as every time I pick up the lid my freakin' face goes numb and my eyes start watering! I am cooking them down and will later add three big azzed Mangos for some good flavor.

As it it this stuff could either turn out to be a really nice hot sauce.....or a realy nice smelling paint remover!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... "a really nice smelling paint remover". Sounds you may be achieving both. Mangos in the hot sauce, huh? Inktristink.

Made a pot of chili this weekend. Added one large drop of Dave's Insanity sauce, and a few glugs of Tabasco's Smoked Chipotle sauce. Great flavor, m'be two large drops of Dave's next time. Polished the last of the chili off this evening. Beans without a little heat? Ain't right.

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... "a really nice smelling paint remover". Sounds you may be achieving both. Mangos in the hot sauce, huh? Inktristink.

Made a pot of chili this weekend. Added one large drop of Dave's Insanity sauce, and a few glugs of Tabasco's Smoked Chipotle sauce. Great flavor, m'be two large drops of Dave's next time. Polished the last of the chili off this evening. Beans without a little heat? Ain't right.

....I need to send you some of this stuff! The other batches don't even put any heat in your mouth when ya do a test spoon, but while you are trying to think about what I added to get the flavor the back of your head and your ears start dripping sweat.
It even has me wondering what I have concockted!!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... sounds like a confirmation of being alive... sweat coming out your ears. Love it. I'd hit it!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You guys are nuts!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And? Yer point is? LOL

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just reading your stuff I had to go drink some milk!