Continued Work @ Elk Springs Ranch, Hog #8...

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
...and another fox.

I really like hunting this property. I am finally learning to navigate some of the major vehicle trails at night and spending less time being lost, but I still have a lot to learn. The problem I have on the property is that since my initial visits, I have not been seeing any hogs up on the larger open areas. So I am hunting down in an area that seems to be a high traffic area for a variety of animals, or at least something of a crossroads, but it is an area that rarely affords me more than one shot or more than one safe shot. This was the case again last night. I was able to take a singular fox and then one shoat out of a group of six...

Last edited:

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here is the next hunt on the other place I hunted. The landowner has a hog rooting up his pasture. Two hours in that pasture and I saw absolutely nothing, not just no hogs, but no animals of any sort. I moved to check the other side of the property when I spotted deer being hinky...

WhoCares

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The song dogs are getting a beating with all this thermal/night hunting!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
And another (three) bite the dust!

Way to go.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shot! The little herd is thinning down!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
...and another fox.

I really like hunting this property. I am finally learning to navigate some of the major vehicle trails at night and spending less time being lost, but I still have a lot to learn. The problem I have on the property is that since my initial visits, I have not been seeing any hogs up on the larger open areas. So I am hunting down in an area that seems to be a high traffic area for a variety of animals, or at least something of a crossroads, but it is an area that rarely affords me more than one shot or more than one safe shot. This was the case again last night. I was able to take a singular fox and then one shoat out of a group of six...

Looked like a potential double pig. The one behind (moving right after the shot) appeared to me, to be hit as well. Nice fox too!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter