consummate killing machine

D

djones

6.8_zpscxw9cf6k.jpg

this new 6.8 has been in service for a while, but this is its formal announcement. hdfireman built the consummate killing machine. originally i was just going to put it on an existing lower, but realized i like a higher cheek piece when using tall optics. so i decided to dedicate a new lower for it. i’m very pleased with mr. fireman’s work and the final results. here are the components.

aero upper
16” ************** socom barrel
slr adj gas block
seekins 13” solo handguard
nickel boron bolt carrier
super bolt
raptor charging handle
aero gen II lower
bcm gunfighter mod 3 grip
xlr stock
tubbs flat wire buffer spring
st-t2 heavy buffer
magpul enhanced trigger guard
geissele ssa-e trigger
battle arms enhanced pin set
pri 25 round steel mags

ps - it usually likes to pose with a pig under it

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad to see yer lovin' that new rig. Love me an *** barrel equipped rig.

D

djones

lol... well the hand guards all sorta look the same to me, but at least one of us knew what he was doing :)

D

djones

for anyone's future reference, when i tuned the gas block with new spring and buffer, i started at #2 - wouldn't eject. moved to #3 - ejects but bolt doesn't stay open on last round. #4 - nothing but net. total harmony with the world

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a sweet looking rig - congrats. HD built my "first ever" AR for me and it is great as well.
Good to hear the feedback on that SLR adj gb. I have used Syracs in all my AR's and have been very pleased, but have heard nothing but positive reviews on the SLR and so I plan to try one out.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great looking Rig!

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'be been thinking about replacing my buffer spring with the Tubbs flatwire one. Whats your thoughts on the Tubbs?

D

djones

tubbs has an interesting video out on his springs and how they compare to regular and competitor springs in a compression test. plus he says you can cut the spring if needed and gives you the coils per pound info. there are some claims that users couldn't manually rack the charging handle after the installation and that the flat wire is hard to install over the buffer retaining pin. while interesting, none of that really factored into my decision.

i got the tubbs because it was supposed to be quieter. i don't notice the spring noise when hunting but i could hear it on the video with the 308. that's the main reason i tried the tubbs.

the main thing is i just want it to feed, fire and extract. while i do like the spring, i'm probably not that hard to please. i really think an adjustable gas block will get you in the functional range with just about any spring/buffer combination.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well, I have an adjustable gas block. Since I've started shooting suppressed I can hear the spring twang. I just want to get rid of that noise, I find it kinda annoying. Looks like I'll invest in one myself.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, I have an adjustable gas block. Since I've started shooting suppressed I can hear the spring twang. I just want to get rid of that noise, I find it kinda annoying. Looks like I'll invest in one myself.

Check out the JP Silent Captured Spring - spendy but sweet. Careful though - tried one and ended up having to buy for all my AR's.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Check out the JP Silent Captured Spring - spendy but sweet. Careful though - tried one and ended up having to buy for all my AR's.
I've been eyeballing those for a while now. I really don't care for the twang in that buffer tube.