Congratulations amazon.com user pop-up

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Is anyone else getting this annoying pop-up while using an iPhone to browse this web forum?

I’m not pushing the close button afraid this might be a “click hazard”. I have to close the tab manually.

Is this a legit ad or some problem that needs to be brought to the attention of the website owner?

3D5FF01E-6A98-4E06-8F6E-FB5CE6F6BC44.jpeg

I’m not getting this on any other forums I visit, but I have seen this on some other websites I stumbled onto. It’s very annoying to have to close down the browser, the delete that tab when you pull the website back up.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nope, not seeing it here.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've seen it (or something similar) a few other places, but never on this forum.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I don’t get it on LSB, but on other sites. It is a browser hijacker. You are closing it out properly. If you click anywhere on it, it will take over your browser. They are not malicious, but extremely annoying.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Is it something I’ve got on my phone that’s causing it?

I tried searching for it but I got even more annoyed reading how the millennial’s were arguing about it.

Haha

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
never seen it, sorry but I use Firefox with the ad blocker

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
And since we are on this topic, I don’t really know why I’m seeing this ad?

Got to admit, it’s not as offensive as the Amazon pop up.

110D848A-EFA4-4821-AC29-5AF636EF6888.jpeg

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OH No I am an OLD guy and use the phone for calling and Text, I don't check email, goto facebook or forums or reply on my phone, I have a computer for that...lol...sorry

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was getting it for a while on here from my iPhone. Seems to have stopped a couple few months ago

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The best way to avoid it is to set your settings to only allow cookies from the site you have opened and delete them when closing the site. In addition to that, I installed Norton ad blocker. It's free for the iPhone and set it to block ads. This seems to have stopped it completely on my phone.