Colorado Pronghorn

dman62

LSB Member
Took this buck near Craig Colorado last week. First hunt with the 6.8 I built earlier this year. Shot at about 100 yards as he was facing me and angled slightly to his left. Factory Hornady 6.8 rocked him back on impact, he took 2 wobbly steps and collapsed. Core of the bullet was found in right hip near the head of the joint. Jacket broke 3 of the ribs on the right, never broke the skin and was not recovered. Lungs were liquified. Core weighed 48 grains after about 3 feet of penetration.
My first antelope. 12 inch horns if I measured it right. Had some character as one lower point was broken off and the horn cracked from fighting. I'd missed another buck about the same size about 15 minutes earlier at 200 yards as he moved just as I shot. Foolishly shot again and missed about 5 feet behind. Watched too many videos of running hogs getting rolled up here I think!
16 inch *** scout barrel, Mega upper and lower, Samson 11 inch Evolution forearm. Weaver 1.5-4.5x Classic Extreme scope.

Attachments

• CIMG1903.JPG
    CIMG1903.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 13

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice speed goat!! Those are fun hunts.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fine buck there, congrats. Dropped him like a bad habit.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
love the goats, gongrats

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice job. Good close in shot, you must have done a good stalk to get that close.