Chasing boars!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Spotted a large lone boar rooting out in a open pasture about 500 yards out. At 75 yards there was a small low area I had to cross and lost sight of him for a second. When I got to the other side he was gone! Finally spotted him again trotting back in the direction I had just came from he ran not 20 yards upwind of my truck. Now the chase was on. He would stop and root now and then and I would gain then he would take off again, never stopping more than a few minutes. This went on for a good 25-30 minutes even though it was freezing I had broke a sweat and was running out of property. He stopped to root one last time giving me time to close the distance to about 100 yards. As I took aim he took off running again, squeezed the trigger and heard the thump of the hornady 120 sst hitting him. He was DRT only 20 yards from the property line. Upon inspecting him I found where he had been shot before and survived I supposed thats why he was so wary to stop anywhere to long.

The healed up wound from another shot. It was a good inch deep all the way across and there was a good chunk missing at the exit.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cool, I see you took out a "gash back." The first mulefoot I shot had an unhealed 'saddle' missing from the top of his shoulders that had been seen on camera for several weeks and at the time he was killed, still was not fully healed. The owner had named the hog "Gash Back" because of the wound.

20 yards from the property line? You still had plenty of time! ;)

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
good boar Todd, congrats

they are definitely some tough animals....

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shot, that is why we never count the dead till recovered.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting. Gotta love when dinner keeps running away

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats T !! Good lookin' hog. I see you're back to using your beloved 120s again.