Caught me messing up, on film..

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What a mess tonight... Spotted hogs before dark and came back at 8:30. They were there. Quick stalk lands me pretty close to the first hog I shoot. Then another hog alerts the group so the shot is rushed, usually ends bad huh? Yeah. She took a solid hit and it just made her run faster. 2nd hog takes a solid hit on the first shot, tree takes solid hit on second shot lol.
3rd hog takes a hit and then a miss out of frustration. Zero hogs recovered. Would've been 3 hogs recovered if I was using 120ssts I believe but who knows.. May of been just a bad night for me. I was using 110 accubonds.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I've shot the 100gr accubonds, mostly blow through without the trauma of 120SST's, but on your first shot, not an instant drop shot as it was front of shoulder, the shot on the moving hog probably ended up in the shoulder or back further, the second shot on that hog was back further, the third hog...well pole was obvious lol...but I would think 1 and 2 were dead somewhere

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, you got some dead hogs out there, too bad about not recovering but they are down.

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
At the range and size of the first sow she should've been drt no matter what bullet. That quartering towards is a good shot and should take out her front wheels. I ran into problems before with running hogs taking multiple hits with the accubonds and they keep on trucking. There's no knock down factor and that's a big deal in the hog hunting

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We at the Turkey Buzzard Preservation Society thank you for feeding our feathered friends.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hear good things about the accubond's. But I'm pretty sure with the 120sst and hogs that size you would have dead hogs in the field.

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Maybe I got the fence on the first hog?

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
At the range and size of the first sow she should've been drt no matter what bullet. That quartering towards is a good shot and should take out her front wheels. I ran into problems before with running hogs taking multiple hits with the accubonds and they keep on trucking. There's no knock down factor and that's a big deal in the hog hunting

I shot a boar, same exact way, downhill, put it in the neck, front of the shoulder, right down through all the vitals, with a 100gr accubond, ran off just like yours did, they are running dead, but still don't drop, no nervous system issue, just a wound channel through the vitals, hog ran over 60 yards

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I missed two very close coyotes on national TV, but hit one at over 300 yards! ha!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I shot a boar, same exact way, downhill, put it in the neck, front of the shoulder, right down through all the vitals, with a 100gr accubond, ran off just like yours did, they are running dead, but still don't drop, no nervous system issue, just a wound channel through the vitals, hog ran over 60 yards
I think this is the same problem with the gold dots.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TLM, they are selling the pulled bullets again, be sure to get your order in!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

PRyan1877

Roselle, Illinois
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Colby, I shot three boars at Jame's place in Rockdale with SST's, one bullet hut a rib and exploded opening a hole 2.5" in diameter and destroying the lungs. DRT