Cables for Mini DVR

kryptekman

LSB Member
I just purchased the NGI Mini DVR system, what cable is needed to capture video from an Armasight Predator? Thanks!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, you are sort of in a pinch. I think that DVR uses a 2.5 mm video input plug, but don't know if it is 3 pole or 4. Then you need an Armasight plug (I am sure they have some other name, LOL) on the other end. One of the cables from UNV might work for you, but I don't know for certain. DaveABQ posted a pic of the Armasight end of the pin pattern on LSB sometime back that will give you at least part of the information you need for making one of your own.

A quote from Dave on the DVR end...
Let me say something about the UNV cables, he uses a 3 pole cable, which I'm confused, it works, most of the time, however the A/V in port is a 4 pole, not a 3 pole connection.

All these DVRs use the 2nd and 3rd pole from the tip. The second pole is video, the 3rd is ground. One thing with all these DVR's, the more you plug and unplug, the weaker the connection gets.

kryptekman

LSB Member
Okay I figured as much, the Armasight Optics come with the 8 PIN that connects to the optic and it has an A/V female and an aux female plug.

Im hoping if all fails I can buy an AV male to 2.5mm male converter

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I'm sure it hard a 4 pole 3 ring 2.5mm input. So you can build a cable using a Binder 620 series 8 pin connector with a DIY 2.5mm connector for the DVR end or adapt to the existing cable, not sure what the predator comes with.