Busy Hitch...

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So how long before you drill out the island and have to build another??

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
that could be a big hit

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So how long before you drill out the island and have to build another??
We've been drilling for close to two years now, we just passed the half-way mark, and they're talking two more well houses. With construction, maybe five more years for this island before it goes into purely production/maint. mode. Another island would be about a two/three year construction phase before coming on-line for drilling?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
we will just get you a hunting show

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
RD, that looks interesting, but I think I will stick with my Gulf of Mexico operations. Our biggest concern is weather and finding a fuel location before we run out.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD, that looks interesting, but I think I will stick with my Gulf of Mexico operations. Our biggest concern is weather and finding a fuel location before we run out.
As is ours...

Oh? The bears... "seasoning". LOL

DDriller

You can keep the wells on the pond. Had my fill of boat rides lol. RD is working in a great place if you like cold. Been there too.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You can keep the wells on the pond. Had my fill of boat rides lol. RD is working in a great place if you like cold. Been there too.
Within reason yes... problem is... that place doesn't know "within reason" when it comes to COLD. LOL

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The question is what's the reason?

Harris hawker

LSB Member
It's weird to say this never meeting you,
But I am a fan of don young, rep of Alaska, and last week he put out A post saying western Alaska was considered a state of emergency. A winter storm had basically paralyzed that part of Alaska.
So I also hadn't seen a post for a few days from you so I was a touch concerned, then you popped up before I put out an APB to see if you were ok.
Glad your ok, and I think all of us on the forums wish you safe travels.

And the reason I liked rep Young in Alaska?
He won some award for animal rights from PETA, and he told them to shove it.
So aperently he loves animals, alive and on the plate.
And I support that!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very cool stuff there is a group that takes their land cruisers up to Alaska and drives expedition style across it every year. I always wanted to do it. Still never even been to the State.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's weird to say this never meeting you,
But I am a fan of don young, rep of Alaska, and last week he put out A post saying western Alaska was considered a state of emergency. A winter storm had basically paralyzed that part of Alaska.
So I also hadn't seen a post for a few days from you so I was a touch concerned, then you popped up before I put out an APB to see if you were ok.
Glad your ok, and I think all of us on the forums wish you safe travels.

And the reason I liked rep Young in Alaska?
He won some award for animal rights from PETA, and he told them to shove it.
So aperently he loves animals, alive and on the plate.
And I support that!!

That same storm was some of what we were enduring while I was up north on my last hitch. We had winds of 50mph sustained, and gusts to 70mph. A calm, as the "eye" passed, then more of the same. Those types of "blows" are common in Alaska, they often do not make the national news, let alone receive this type of attention... such as having the Governor declare an area a state of emergency.

Rep. Don Young was also recently hospitalized while travelling in SE Alaska (for heart concerns). He is at least 80yrs old now.

Thanks for thinking of me, and for the concern.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD, where will you be TG?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm in Seattle for my second week of R&R... will be at my cousin's place for dinner.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good, thought we were going to lose you to the cold...Enjoy!!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Finishing up my turn (alternate years) at having the Holidays off. Next year I work them.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I understand that! The schedule I'm on (14 on/14 off), I will be working thanksgiving and Christmas until I retire. Good thing our kids never seem to have time for holidays at home.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I understand that! The schedule I'm on (14 on/14 off), I will be working thanksgiving and Christmas until I retire. Good thing our kids never seem to have time for holidays at home.
As in 14 days on/off, or 14 weeks on/off?

We're 2 weeks on/off and do a 3 and 3 once a year to rotate the position to have the Holidays off. Works out nicely.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ours are days on and off. The only way we get to change the way holidays fall is to bid on an opening on the other hitch. Jobs are assigned based on seniority. Its fair, but doesn't always work out the way you want.