Bullet Pressure Software Help

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Any of you loading gurus have that software that outputs data on bullet pressure?

If so let me know I wanna give you some loads to run. Thanks in advance.

(Yes, I assume all responsibility)!

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I can't help you with a program(I do not own one),however am curious as to what loads(chambering,bullet,primer,powder,brass,for what gun)you need the pressures for. I just might have some other printed info that could help you out somewhat. --- pruhdlr

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's for my 300 Blk
Bill gave me a bunch of bullets just trying to see what I can do with them.

16" bar 1:8 twist
CCI 400 Primer
220 GR BTHP & 208 AMax
W-296 Powder
2.160 OAL
Powder weights 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 gr (Yes, I know all these are Supersonic).

My experience with running anything subsonic is deep penetration and late to no expansion. Expansion that happens is usually 6-9" into the gel. Trying to bump up FPS in order to make those bullets open up but without case or pressure issues.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have a 300BO Handi. Of course I do not have to worry about seating depth/mag depth with this gun, and can seat out very long due to these bullets long ogive. This gives me more room for powder and the only thing that limits me is the pressures/pressure signs.

I will assume that you have an AR action that you want to run these bullets thru. At the 2.160" COAL that you listed,I do not believe that you will have the room for enough powder(W-296) to produce the super high pressures. The above bullets that you mentioned are boat tails also,this takes up even more space in the case. Have you made up a "dummy round" to see just how much powder you can get in a case having a COAL of 2.160" ??

I would venture a guess that anything above about(~)13.5grs would give you a severely compressed charge. Nothing wrong with these long bullets going super.....HOWEVER....IMO,for killing hogs or deer you either want a bullet <136grs driven as fast as possible,or the longest(not necessarily the heaviest)bullet going at the speed that it will immediately lose stability when it hits the game animal,and starts to tumble. My opinion is that a 300BO(especially an AR action)can never drive one of these big bullets fast enough to get the point/nose to start to open properly. It is a possibility that one of the round nose variety(flat base also) .......might(?????). A bullet with as much exposed lead as possible.

I am not close to being a BO "guru". These are simply some thoughts that came to mind. Please let us/me know your findings. --- pruhdlr

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
O! I've got a killer loaded o_O
image.jpg image.jpg

I just have extra bullets to play with just haven't been happy with results. I guess I could sell them or something.