Building an extended battery pack for Armasight Zeus.......

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is what I am using
  • Capacity: 20000mAh
  • Dimensions: 6 x 3 x 0.4 inches (L x W x H)
  • Includes a 3-prong charging cable
  • Aluminum casing
  • Light-weight and fashionable design
  • Easily fit into your carry bag and charge your mobile device anytime and anywhere..
  • Easy to take and charge conveniently
  • Compatible with all Digital device with USB Connector, such as mobile phone, Bluetooth headsets,PDAs, MP3 players, gaming devices, digital cameras, SONY PS3,etc

Ultrathin 20000mAh Portable External Battery Charger Power Bank for Cell Phone

s-l1600.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I did pay for it w pay pal along with this...
4.3" 1080P Dual Lens Car DVR Rearview Mirror + Camera Video Recorder Dash Cam TR
s-l1600.jpg

ScottJ

LSB Member
Hi, new member here. I have a Pulsar XD38a which I use for pig hunting. I made some battery packs for it very easily and cheaply with 3 cells, 18650 and the correct 5.5mm x 2.1mm connectors. My friend ordered an Armasight Zeus 336 thermal and the external battery for it is ridiculous expensive. So I've ordered the Binder 8 pin plugs and need to know the pins to connect to positive and negative. I plan to just run two 18650s in series for a total of 7.4V. I understand that 18650 cells are typically 4.2V fully charged but drop to around 3.7 when put under load. Since the scope is fine with 3.7v rated rechargeable internal CR123 cells, I assume it will be fine with the two 18650s.
Soooo, anyone know the pins for the plug which attaches to the Zeus thermal scope? I saw a pic posted by a "daveabq" which showed pin 2 being ground for battery, and pin 7 for positive. It also didn't say if that was a pic of the pins on the scope or the connector, and if it was the connector, if it was from the wire connector side of the plug or the open pins end where it plugs into the scope.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
my .02 is use a commercial one that will not void my warranty, after $3500-10,000 for a thermal it is not that much of and added cost, not going to take chances I don't have to.

ScottJ

LSB Member
my .02 is use a commercial one that will not void my warranty, after $3500-10,000 for a thermal it is not that much of and added cost, not going to take chances I don't have to.
I can certainly find the logic in that. But with a little homework and help, I think I can save my friend some $$$... which he can then contribute toward fuel costs when going on pig hunts. Right now, with Jhop's help, I've got it narrowed down to using the 12.6V battery packs (three 18650 cells) I made for my Pulsar thermal with a step down buck converter to feed the Armasight thermal 6 t0 6.3V. I'll test it for ripple with a halfway equivalent load (maybe a small dc motor) before hooking it up to the scope with the 620 series Binder connector. This way, my friend and I can use the same battery packs and charger.

ScottJ

LSB Member
Small update. Used the 12.6v (3x 18650 cells) battery pack with step down buck converter set to 6.2V and it works just fine on my friend's Armasight Zeus 336. I tested my Pulsar XD38A for amp draw and found it to be .15A and that jumps to .24A when NUC'ing. Didn't test the Armasight but I assume it to be approximately the same.

lilMAC

This is what I am using
  • Capacity: 20000mAh
  • Dimensions: 6 x 3 x 0.4 inches (L x W x H)
  • Includes a 3-prong charging cable
  • Aluminum casing
  • Light-weight and fashionable design
  • Easily fit into your carry bag and charge your mobile device anytime and anywhere..
  • Easy to take and charge conveniently
  • Compatible with all Digital device with USB Connector, such as mobile phone, Bluetooth headsets,PDAs, MP3 players, gaming devices, digital cameras, SONY PS3,etc
Ultrathin 20000mAh Portable External Battery Charger Power Bank for Cell Phone

s-l1600.jpg
@FrankT did you make the cable to connect it to the scope or did someone else make it for you? My Zeus came with the DVR/power cable. I’m assuming I just need a cable to connect to that. Thanks

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use it with a different scope , do not know your plugs, but if not a mini or full usb on your scope you will have to have a plug made, probably the DVR cable will connect. There are just so many options for small lightweight batteries out there just have to find ones with the right output