Buck crop looking good so far...

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Got a couple of good looking bucks on trail cam. Deer season is almost here!

BF2547B4-804C-4DEA-92D5-B838E8C399D5-15658-00001406BFD999C2_zpsa33ca2f3.jpg

DF49A072-4FAD-4985-9CD3-4778BEB74537-15658-00001406C6FC6875_zps45ae3393.jpg

90B46292-A50E-4249-87FE-3C0DF86ADF25-15658-00001406CDB17714_zps58ea361e.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Still fairly young bucks there? Necks look like they haven't beefed up yet.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Still fairly young bucks there? Necks look like they haven't beefed up yet.

I'd say 3-4 years old on both of them. Their backs are too straight to be older than 4 as well as narrow necks like ya said. They will be off limits this year to let them breed and get a little bigger themselves. I may have to print these pictures and place them in the blinds saying "you shoot this buck you will be blind folded and dropped off on the other side of the Rio Grande"

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd say 3-4 years old on both of them. Their backs are too straight to be older than 4 as well as narrow necks like ya said. They will be off limits this year to let them breed and get a little bigger themselves. I may have to print these pictures and place them in the blinds saying "you shoot this buck you will be blind folded and dropped off on the other side of the Rio Grande"
Fine lookin' lads, none the less. A couple more years and they'll give a feller wood !

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another year on them and they should be big boys. We don't see much like that here in Florida. Our deer look like skittish lap dogs in a lot of parts. Only places with big deer are private ranches

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Val Verde

Very nice. I've got a buddy that is probably not too far from you. He's in SE Edwards Co.

My family's place is in NW Uvalde Co. Lots of hogs and lots of Aoudad, but not a single deer like that...

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice deer!! Nothing like we have here with sandy soil and no farmland ours are pathetic

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I need to find the other pictures of a couple of big boys with some drop tines. This is encouraging considering how big of a down year we had last year due to the drought. We are still in a drout this year, but we got lucky in that the rain we had got was at the perfect time of the year for antler development.

Hopefully our luck will turn around and the rains will come next year and these guys will be even better.

I also plan on doing a serious culling effort this year to get rid of as many of the undesireables as possible. Looks like our quota will be about 40-50 bucks that need to be shot this year. Should know for sure after we do the aerial survey in a few weeks.